“Fantastic resort!”

and 1 more site!
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Absolutely fantastic resort! Having a 5 month old we've decided on UK breaks for the next few years and this place did not disappoint! Everything you could need/want from a lodge break. Fantastic location, beautiful scenery! Carlos, couldn't be any more helpful if he tried, this guy is an utter gem to this resort and probably one of the main reasons people have such a fantastic stay! We stayed in the Glen Shee, which is probably the best lodge we have ever stayed in, with the added bonus of sky sports which my hubby was delighted at! We dined in the restaurant also, again the food was outstanding! Having a baby we had an early dinner meaning we got an early bird menu, delicious food but at a cheaper price! Brilliant!! Having a baby for once saved us money! :-) we also had a go at the thistle maze whilst here, highly recommend it! Unfortunately I was last to find my way out, but had a right good laugh trying, goodness knows how much fun actual children would have! :-)
All in all, I am writing this review for people who check before booking, if your considering a stay here, do not hesitate, go ahead and book, there is absolutely no way you'll be disappointed! Just fantastic!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leianna
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic time at our Glen Shee Lodge at Forbes of Kingennie! I am very pleased to hear your comments on the service you received. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie and delighted to hear that they looked after you all so well. I am thrilled to hear you would recommend us and I hope to welcome you back to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have just returned from a stay at ' Glen Prossan' Lodge with friends and what an amazing time we had. The Resort has all the amenities you could hope for and the staff are amazing in the Bar/Restaurant. I also have to say a HUGE thank you to Carlo for making sure I had my caffeine this morning by making me a gorgeous espresso.
The Lodge was huge, modern and extremely well equipped and what more could you ask for in opening the french doors to an amazing view.
Thank you again for an amazing stay - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear the staff looked after you well when you visited our bar and restaurant. I am pleased to hear your lodge was everything you were looking for. I look forward to welcoming you back to Forbes of Kingennie in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner booked these lodges for a weekend away and it was truly wonderful. We had to check in past 8 as we had to wait for my partner to finish work and they were understanding and made this no problem. The lodge was spacious and clean (we stayed in glen clova) with all the kitchen essentials and mod cons we could need. Wifi would have been nice but not essential :) we went on a walk around the ponds and had lunch in the restaurant which was tasty and welcoming. Overall great stay and will be returning :) recommend to everyone, large families or couples like us.

• Stayed: January 2014
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to our Glen Clova Lodge at Forbes of Kingennie. I am delighted to hear you had a great time. Thank you for your feedback in regards to Wi Fi in the lodges, I am in the process in finding out if this is viable. I am pleased to hear you would recommended us and I hope to see you again on the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Loved this place.Lodges are amazing,they have everything you need .Been in lots of luxury lodges and this is the first one that has a cafetiere i usually have to bring my own .Staff are truly amazing.Cant wait to go back ..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay at Forbes of Kingennie. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Boathouse, right on the water. Stunning house, stunning scenery. Staff very helpfull, polite and professional. Good value for money, just wish the check out time was later -didnt want to leave!! Only down side - floor boards in the boathouse creak like mad at night - due to the cold i guess, was so loud i couldnt sleep very well -i am a super light sleeper though dont let that put you off.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank bambikawaii
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at The Leannan Boathouse. Thank you for bringing the floor boards to my attention and I am looking in to a solution to resolve this problem. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

First class lodges, well equipped, spotless, child and dog friendly. Fully fitted, well equipped kitchens - if you want to cook a family meal. If not the restaurant is a stepping stone away and the food/choice/price is exceptional. Staff couldn't be more helpfully or friendly. Golf course free to lodge residents. It was my birthday during our stay and the staff went that extra mile to make it special. Cheers to the crew @ F of K.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tracyu1
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Kingennie. I am delighted to hear your comments and feedback regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals in our Waterside Restaurant and made use of the golf during your stay. I am delighted to hear the staff looked after you well and I have passed your comments to the team here at the resort. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Spent a week in November in a lodge for my Husbands 60th.My sister and family also had a lodge from friday to monday to join in the celebrations.Lodges are fantastic could not fault them great for the party we had on the saturday of our stay all party guests very impressed.We ate a few times in the restaurant and on all occasions it was 1st class.Carlo could not do enough for us he really is a credit to this business.We hope to meet up again with my sister and family later this year at the lodges

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

hank you for your review on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding your stay and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals in our Waterside Restaurant. I have passed your comments on to the team here at the resort. I am delighted to hear you are planning a future visit and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Hampton by Hilton Dundee City Center
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews
#5 of 17 in St Andrews
Fisherman's Tavern Hotel

Been to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort? Share your experiences!