“Lunch”

Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
“Lunch”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Went for quiet lunch and ordered from 2 course lunch deal. I received a cup and milk for my tea..but no tea! Then staff forgot to bring a soft drink. Main was ok but citrus sauce turned out to be beetroot!
Dessert arrived and rice pudding was undercooked and unpleasant. A replacement was offered and a sticky toffee pudding was served. Half way through we found a piece of thread in the centre of the sponge!! By the time we were almost overcharged by £10 we started to think we were on a hidden camera show!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lem1965
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Forbes of Kingennie. I am very sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet our normal high standards of service and Food quality and have spoken to the team to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I am sorry to hear you were almost charged £10 extra this was due to a miss understand of table number. Please accept my apologies again and I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Boathouse and we were both mesmerised about the location and the actual Boathouse itself. The Boathouse has a lovely modern kitchen with everything you could possibly need and then you walk into the lovely warm lounge, with a beautiful fireplace. The doors in the lounge leads you to a small balcony, where you have a stunning view of the Boathouse pool. Then downstairs has a large comfy bed and TV (with SKY!!) the bedroom leads to the bathroom which has a large water lily Jacuzzi bath. The downstairs has another set of doors which leads to a terrace which overlooks the pool. Remember to feed the ducks, who like to make an appearance once they have spotted you.
We also had dinner in the restaurant, and the food was great and the staff were very attentive, we went on steak night (Thursday) which was £10 for a steak dinner, FAB :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit to our Leannan Boathouse. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay at Forbes of Kingennie. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal on steak night in our waterside restaurant. I very proud of the team here at Kingennie, who take great care to ensure all customer requirements and expectations are achieved. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Absolutely fantastic resort! Having a 5 month old we've decided on UK breaks for the next few years and this place did not disappoint! Everything you could need/want from a lodge break. Fantastic location, beautiful scenery! Carlos, couldn't be any more helpful if he tried, this guy is an utter gem to this resort and probably one of the main reasons people have such a fantastic stay! We stayed in the Glen Shee, which is probably the best lodge we have ever stayed in, with the added bonus of sky sports which my hubby was delighted at! We dined in the restaurant also, again the food was outstanding! Having a baby we had an early dinner meaning we got an early bird menu, delicious food but at a cheaper price! Brilliant!! Having a baby for once saved us money! :-) we also had a go at the thistle maze whilst here, highly recommend it! Unfortunately I was last to find my way out, but had a right good laugh trying, goodness knows how much fun actual children would have! :-)
All in all, I am writing this review for people who check before booking, if your considering a stay here, do not hesitate, go ahead and book, there is absolutely no way you'll be disappointed! Just fantastic!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leianna
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic time at our Glen Shee Lodge at Forbes of Kingennie! I am very pleased to hear your comments on the service you received. I am very proud of the team here at Kingennie and delighted to hear that they looked after you all so well. I am thrilled to hear you would recommend us and I hope to welcome you back to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have just returned from a stay at ' Glen Prossan' Lodge with friends and what an amazing time we had. The Resort has all the amenities you could hope for and the staff are amazing in the Bar/Restaurant. I also have to say a HUGE thank you to Carlo for making sure I had my caffeine this morning by making me a gorgeous espresso.
The Lodge was huge, modern and extremely well equipped and what more could you ask for in opening the french doors to an amazing view.
Thank you again for an amazing stay - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear the staff looked after you well when you visited our bar and restaurant. I am pleased to hear your lodge was everything you were looking for. I look forward to welcoming you back to Forbes of Kingennie in the near future.
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner booked these lodges for a weekend away and it was truly wonderful. We had to check in past 8 as we had to wait for my partner to finish work and they were understanding and made this no problem. The lodge was spacious and clean (we stayed in glen clova) with all the kitchen essentials and mod cons we could need. Wifi would have been nice but not essential :) we went on a walk around the ponds and had lunch in the restaurant which was tasty and welcoming. Overall great stay and will be returning :) recommend to everyone, large families or couples like us.

• Stayed January 2014
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to our Glen Clova Lodge at Forbes of Kingennie. I am delighted to hear you had a great time. Thank you for your feedback in regards to Wi Fi in the lodges, I am in the process in finding out if this is viable. I am pleased to hear you would recommended us and I hope to see you again on the near future.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Loved this place.Lodges are amazing,they have everything you need .Been in lots of luxury lodges and this is the first one that has a cafetiere i usually have to bring my own .Staff are truly amazing.Cant wait to go back ..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear your comments on your recent stay at Forbes of Kingennie. I am delighted to hear you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.
Arbroath, Scotland
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Boathouse, right on the water. Stunning house, stunning scenery. Staff very helpfull, polite and professional. Good value for money, just wish the check out time was later -didnt want to leave!! Only down side - floor boards in the boathouse creak like mad at night - due to the cold i guess, was so loud i couldnt sleep very well -i am a super light sleeper though dont let that put you off.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank bambikawaii
Kingennie, Manager at Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at The Leannan Boathouse. Thank you for bringing the floor boards to my attention and I am looking in to a solution to resolve this problem. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Hampton by Hilton Dundee City Center
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel

Been to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort? Share your experiences!