Stayed in Lyon and found it to be very dated and not very clean, grubby would be a good word, certainly not luxurious, the kickboards in the kitchen dropped to the floor when I opened the cupboard, (the clips were broken) the wooden floor in the living space/kitchen/dining space is in desperate need of sanding/polishing or better still a carpet which would dampen the noise generated by my two year old grandson running the length of the lodge at 6am. My pillows failed the 'over the wrist' test miserably and smelled of stale sweat, thankfully I brought my own. Adequate and functional, not luxurious. There is no WiFi in the lodges and only a slow service in the bar, not good. There is a playpark which is neglected and in dire need of a re think. The family had come together from all parts of the UK and the wedding was a huge success thanks largely to the efforts of Lauren who managed the ceremony by herself until the late shift arrived and Lisa who went well beyond the call of duty in assuring us of her best attention. When the day after the wedding we were having a family meal and needed a high chair, they were all being used, our Lisa went the extra mile and brought her own bumper seat from her own car for our use, now that is hospitality, thinking on your feet and decency, lovely girl! Worth a pat on the back Mr Forbes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for an activity holiday with family and friends, a romantic short break, the perfect wedding venue, or somewhere to celebrate that special event, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort has it all. With top-class golf and fishing on the estate, the peaceful and unspoiled environment is also home to some of the very best luxury woodland and lochside lodges in Scotland. Its location makes it the perfect spot to explore Scotland's glorious countryside or play a round or two at the world's best know golf courses nearby. Conference and business meetings and events are all catered for, while sister company Corporate Kingennie can create memorable and effective team building or corporate days out. In the heart of the countryside, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort nevertheless enjoys easy access to major towns and cities. Dundee is only 6 miles away, while Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Forbes of Kingennie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forbes Of Kingennie Hotel Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Dundee, Scotland