“Lovely guest house and lovely people”

Abertay Guest House
Ranked #7 of 22 Dundee B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely guest house and lovely people”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed for one night and would definitely go back. Breakfast was great, wide variety and very tasty. The room was a twin, a wee bit on the small side but was clean and comfortable. The people were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hungarian first
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here in August 2012 the night before my wedding. As you can imagine I needed a stressfree nice place to stay with my bridesmaids. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and extremely accommodating. It felt like a home away from home. Would recommend it to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ravensgirl80s
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My mum and dad stayed here in early July. They were coming through to visit my wife and I for a weekend.
All my mum kept saying was, "give this place a good review, it's been just great and the people are lovely."
Nuff said.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

On arriving at Abertay Guest House with reservation confirmation in hand only to be told I did not have a reservation. Then after further checking owner stated she had put my name down wrong. My reservation was made on a pet friendly web site and stated on my confirmation I had a dog and total cost for my stay. Proprietor told me they did not accept dogs but then decided they could put me next door at an extra charge. I said there was not any mention of an extra charge when booking on the web site, owners replied, in not the best of manor, she is telling me now. There was other guests waiting to check in at the time and I found the situation embarrassing and decided to leave. As I had not complained about my treatment at the time (didn't want any more of a scene) I made a phone call to convey my displeasure. Again this woman was extremely rude and I could not get a word in, she was also telling me how stressed SHE was. So if you want a relaxing weekend away don't go to Abertay guest house and have to deal with someone else's stress.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
59 Thank Lynne S
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a lovely, lovely place to stay in Broughty Ferry. Close to the beach and town centre (a few minutes walk), The Victor's welcome you into their guest house like you're family. Bring a good book so that you can relax in the garden with the birds and the family cat. Plenty of privacy. The rooms are well appointed and the linens are decadent!!

Room Tip: Naturally, you'll want a garden view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Matt W
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Abertay Guest house is very good! They advertise a café and garden/aviary behind the house. This is a great little attraction and its definitely something I will recommend to my friends in the area. The B&B is just what I look for! Clean, spacious, friendly and a very good breakfast. Above all I found it very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
dundee
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at the Abertay last week when I found myself in need of an overnight stay in Broughty Ferry, The owner was very friendly and accomodating and easy to deal with. The other guests in the morning were also of a high calibre.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Abertay for anyone looking for an easy place for a quick stopover. I will definitely plan ahead and stay longer the next time.

Room Tip: I am sure all of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo