The Fort Hotel
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$78
Apex Hotels
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$105
US$47
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$71
Priceline
US$111
US$103
Priceline
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbroughty ferryhalf portionlate night musicvery busy placebooked roomsbar and restaurantan overnight staydiscomicrowaveablysofa
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I spent 2 nights last week at the Fort. I come to Scotland on Business frequently, and when I am on the East Coast of Scotland I look no further for Accommodation than the FORT! For me it is the staff and the management that make it so special, nothing is too much for them to make your stay all you wished it to be. The Hotel itself has gone through, and indeed is going through at present, a programme of top class refurbishment, all aimed at making the guests stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The Restaurant serves a good menu of tasty wholesome quality food which wont disappoint, and their breakfasts will set you up for whatever your day has in store.
If like me you are bored with the faceless hotel chains in the UK I recommend the Fort for your stay as a Hotel with its own character and characters, and I look forward to visiting for many more years to come.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want from your room and the Staff will make certain you get what you want.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank billthescot
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

While staying at the best western woodlands hotel in Brough ferry we had to go and wash and dry our clother's , but we got there expecting to do it our selves, but the woman said come back in just under 2 hrs , so we said any place for us to have a sit down meal??? She directed us to the ' The Fort' we'll loverly warm fire to sit by we ordered 2 roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and veggies, well expecting little Yorkshire pudding's, but where we surprised the plate was a large oval one and the Yorkshire pudding was resting on top with the roast beef and gravy was on the middle with the veggies around the edge, then we had ordered 2 pint's of Pepsi max, do want ice? We have homemade sticky date pudding with ice - cream or fresh cream if your interested? ( we had the same pudding at our last hotel but this twice as big and the ice- cream was not a small helping) the young female was very friendly, and quick to make sure you didn't sit there with empty and dirty dishes in front of you? After we had finished she bought the bill?, Can I ask you are you paying by English sterling or Australian dollars? Dollars ok here is your bill on English pounds ? Also as you will the manager has deducted I meal as we have a but one get one free deal we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and The service once it was sorted out, we thank her very much, and said this is for you and gave her a £1 tip she was Gob smacked, looks like she doesn't get many tips like that? Next stop to pick up washing, very reasonable sorry I decided to sort your washing out into two piles? Then home by taxi very enjoyable night,

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rubberducky491
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is not a hotel, it is a pub with rooms. very nice refurbished rooms, but its not a hotel.
Its a very busy pub where regulars are more important than paying guests.
Food was unexceptional standard pub fayre.
It is expensive for what it is (pub with rooms) at £85 bed and breakfast.
One positive note - I was not disturbed by noise from the bar.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annexe across the road and up the street are clean and new but are like college rooms. This annexe building is not very secure. The outer door has to locked and may be forgotten. These are supposed to be for business people.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank luke015
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stumbled on this pub/diner / guest house by happy chance . I spent a night with bed and breakfast in the modernised guest section and was much taken by it . It is very clean and comfortable , with friendly and helpful management and staff , and reasonably priced . I will stay there again since it is fairly handy for Dundee city centre and is also attractively quite near to the sea front at Broughty Ferry . A good find - the Fort .

Room Tip: My room at rear was quiet and I heard no pub noise - even assuming there was any !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Angus L
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Fabulous hotel with recently refurbished rooms. very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Popular bar with locals and guests alike so it can be a bit loud at night though you will probably be amongst it as its a friendly cheerful crowd. Will definately be back. A special mention to Betty the owner who was a pleasure to deal with and made our stay a pleasure

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple