“lunch time meal”

Rancho Pancho
Ranked #10 of 395 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Very close proximity to Dundee rail and bus stations.
Description: Rancho Pancho captures the essence of Mexico serving authentic Mexican cuisine with a modern twist in relaxed and contemporary dining rooms and cocktail lounges.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

met friends here for a lunch and to swap Christmas presents. As it was the last Saturday we book a few days before. The restaurant was full but not over crowded and the staff were very helpful. once we ordered our food it did take a little longer than we expected, but it was well worth the wait. over all a great restaurant with very friendly staff, great selection of menu items and very reasonable prices. The chocolate buttons with or coffees were an added bonus.

1  Thank S_Ceris

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Emailed the restaurant using the contact address given on their website regarding my recent visit. Disappointed that I haven't received a reply.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I dined at your restaurant with a group of work colleagues on Friday the 6th of December.
My religious beliefs mean that I only eat food that is halal. I ordered the Cajun prawn quesadilla, but not far into my meal I discovered chorizo. This was extremely distressing. No where on the description for this was pork mentioned. I therefore did not finish the rest of the food.
The waitress asked if the food was okay, and it was explained about the chorizo. I was told that she would go and find out about this, she did not return. I was too upset that evening to again ask why.
I returned the next afternoon to speak to a member of your staff regarding this matter and was told that there is not chorizo in this dish and should not have been. I was told by the staff member that this information would be passed onto the kitchen and the manager.
However, I feel that this matter needs to be investigated further, and a proper explanation that I did not receive on Friday provided. Additional meat ingredients should not be added into food when it is not stated on the menu. This is a very serious issue on a religious aspect and additionally for diners with other dietary requirements eg allergies."

Very unhappy after hearing good things about the place before going.

Needless to say I won't be returning.

13  Thank Connesstee
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Just came back from night out with d girls-had high expectations-left disappointed. .
Service was excellent as always. Food-mehhhhh, beef seriously overcooked, flavours fine, rice ok no usual yammyness.
Had 2 of my favourite frozen coctail: FBI-now first super delicious, second had hardly any alcohol in it-think d owner planning next year holidays in my expense. ...
Not going back any time soon..:(

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Have been here on several occasions before and again, left a happy customer.
The menu has all the Mexican standards and comes hot and piled high - it's aways a challenge not to eat too much. Tasty too.
Service was great, as ever. Waiting staff are friendly and attentive but not overbearing.
Best to book at weekends as a great many "walk up" customers are turned away dissapointed.
Will be back (again)!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This restaraunt is one of the greatest places ive ever been to i totally recommend it. The decor is stunning and really gives off a vibrant glowing feeling. The mexican music really gives it that extra shine. The food was superb everything you would expect from a Mexican restaraunt with plenty of spicy dishes but some cooler ones for those who cant handle the heat. Id recommend this place for romantic dates it would definitly impress that special someone.