“Could have been higher”

Ranked #10 of 374 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Very close proximity to Dundee rail and bus stations.
Description: Rancho Pancho captures the essence of Mexico serving authentic Mexican cuisine with a modern twist in relaxed and contemporary dining rooms and cocktail lounges.
Budapest, Hungary
“Could have been higher”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were a party of 4 who went to this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. We had booked a table for 8.30 p.m. but when we arrived 5 minutes early it was very obvious the table wouldn't be ready as the tables in the restaurant (it isn't the biggest of places) were just being served. We were asked to go away for a drink so we left our mobile number so we could be called when the table waa ready. Two drinks later in a local pub we got the call and were eventually seated at 9.15 p.m. The waiter did apologise but there was no offer of a complementary drink or anything similar. From that point we had a fairly enjoyable experience. The service was good and the staff were friendly and obliging. the food itself was what one expects in a Mexican themed restaurant although my beef was the stand out meal. The desserts (3 of us had frozen cocktails. one had sticky toffee pudding - big portion) were great. The price was very reasonable for what we had. Overall I would have given a rating of 4 if it hadn't been a problem at the start. Would go back though.

1 Thank brendun04

Letham, United Kingdom
“Nice Mexican food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went before a Caird Hall concert. Both very satisfied with food and promptness of service. Would certainly eat there again.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Phil J
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Generally an ok experience. Wouldn't recommend.

Took my mum and boyfriend here for dinner, first of all we ordered drinks. My mother and I tried a cocktail. When it arrived however it was in a plain glass, rated watered down & was not what I expected. The daiquiris are not made from crushed ice or any fresh fruit. Just a bit disappointing.

The meal was ok, tasted good, decent enough portion sizes but I had basically one tortilla folded in half full of chicken and it was about £15. Over priced for what it was.

7 Thank erinxs
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Have been here a handful of times, most recently this evening with a friend.
The food never disappoints - the best Mexican food I've had in the UK by far. Good portion sizes - always leave satisfied.
I love their cocktail menu, especially their frozen cocktails - which I will have instead of a 'normal' dessert. Boozy ice cream sundaes, almost. Very tasty.
Staff are efficient + friendly.
Restaurant is a little on the small side (something I don't mind) so at peak nights it would be best to reserve a table.
Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank 20SEB13
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Wasn't that excited about dining Mexican but everywhere was full up due to Graduation meals so we took pot luck on this place. The service could not be faulted and I am really surprised at the comments on here as the staff were excellent. We did see people waiting outside for a table but we assumed that was because the place was successful and we could see people lingering over coffee and drinks. The food was really good and because I don't really like spicy food I was given extra sour cream with my dish. All in all we had a nice meal served by attentive staff in a place with a great atmosphere.