“Friendly and welcoming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dundee
Ashlea Manor Cottage
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Ashlea Manor, The friendly welcome of the hosts is second to none as is the standard of the breakfast, although potato scones would complete the Scottish experience perfectly. The Victorian style house has lots of character and the only negative point for me would be the room we stayed in did not have en suite.

I have stayed in many guest houses/hotels throughout Scotland and England and, despite the room not having en suite, Ashlea Manor overall is still one of the best places I have stayed at and would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank David_Cubitt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We spent three nights at Ashlea and were truly treated like the Lord and Lady of the Manor. Not only did we have a large and tastefully decorated room and an equally well-appointed bathroom, but the view towards the North Sea delighted us daily with gorgeous sunrises. Ros is an excellent cook, the food being locally sourced, and she prepared excellent and nutritious breakfasts, including Arbroath smokie. On short notice, moreover, she prepared a gourmet dinner for my husband and me and our two guests, ably served by John, who entertained us with his stories, wit, and even some excellent piano! John is very knowledgeable about computers and all things technical and was happy to set me up with my mobile, plus he was a fount of information about what to do and where to go in the area. We MUST return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Ros and John were wonderful hosts and they have a beautiful home. Our room was very spacious and bathroom very nice. We had a nice view of the water, also. Free wifi was very helpful. Ros is a wonderful chef and we had a fantastic breakfast. We very much enjoyed talking with John and Ros, also. We also appreciated the restaurant recommendations that Ros gave us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
solihull
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Wow! How good is this place. Incredible value, great room, lovely hosts, fab breakfast - what more can I say except I would return in a heratbeat! Great golfing country and excellent base for touring.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank davidSolihull
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Only one night at Ashlea Manor, but will definitely return next time we are in the area. Extremely friendly hosts who were more than happy to have us bring our puppy along and went out of their way to make things easy for us. Breakfast absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This review is long overdue... over a year as a matter of fact! Early in June, 2012 my wife and I spent one night at this wonderful B&B. This was our last stop at a B&B prior to returning to western Canada. We were at the tail-end of a memorable road trip throughout Scotland and northern England and Ashlea Manor did not disappoint!!

John and Ros were wonderful hosts and John provided us with some excellent advice on where to dine as well as great advice on the history of the local area.

We really enjoyed our stay and breakfast was fantastic. Great hosts and wonderful accommodations added up to a great stay. Memorable over a year later!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A lovely place to stay. I've been looking for a good place to stay in Dundee when I go and visit my son at university and have had one or two disasters in the town itself with B&Bs. Ashlea Manor is perfect. A beautiful house full of character with lovely hosts. John and Ros are really helpful and friendly and I felt well looked after. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo