“Lovely Victorian House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dundee
Ashlea Manor Cottage
Reviewed 2 March 2014

An interesting place to stay in an amazing Victorian house. We had a nice big room with a sea view. Owners were extremely friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast and thoroughly recommend this accommodation. Also this b&b is close to local amenities.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AldoM009

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Recently returned to Ashlea Manor for an overnight stay. We used to live in Monifieth so know the area well. The Manor is ideally situated in the centre of Monifieth and very convenient. We are always given a very warm welcome from John and Ros. The accomodation is excellent and the breakfast is more than enough to set you up for a day. Would certainly recommend this B&B to anyone wishing to visit this area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunrelaxer
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here for one night after a long drive from Sheffield. Immediately we knew we had found a perfect B & B for the night. Had a very interesting chat with John about the history of the Manor and how he and Ros came to be the owners. Everything was top class from the bedroom with its welcoming sofa and fire to the spacious bathroom and superb breakfast. It would take a lot to beat it.

Room Tip: Just look at the photos and make your own choice from their website. We are sure they will all be of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris19412013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was recently in Scotland undertaking an ancestral journey. Stayed at Ashley Manor at Monifieth and enjoyed the lovely Victorian B&B in the Scottish countryside. Not far from St Andrews.
Ros and John were lovely hosts. Ros accommodated us with preparing an early Scottish breakfast as we needed to catch a bus to train to plane journey. The breakfast was fabulous!
Will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanderella57
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was my second stay at Ashlea Manor......the first with some of my family 2years ago and this time on my own.....had a fabulous time the first time.......lovely big rooms, a breakfast to die for and every convenience you could wish for. This second time was just as good, well even better, as I was on my own and Ros and John really looked after me, they are so comfortable to talk to and make you feel as if they have known you for years. The breakfast consists of every thing cooked and uncooked and Ros is a wonderful cook. The rooms and bathrooms are immaculate and decorated to a high standard. Fresh milk, coffe, tea, biscuits and chocolate waiting each evening. I can find no negatives to say about my stay here, and I have no hesitation in wanting to go back on all the occasions in the future I will be visiting. Please dont ever leave........I wouldnt no where to go!!!!!! Penny from London and Kent

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Penny C
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Ashlea Manor, The friendly welcome of the hosts is second to none as is the standard of the breakfast, although potato scones would complete the Scottish experience perfectly. The Victorian style house has lots of character and the only negative point for me would be the room we stayed in did not have en suite.

I have stayed in many guest houses/hotels throughout Scotland and England and, despite the room not having en suite, Ashlea Manor overall is still one of the best places I have stayed at and would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank David_Cubitt
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We spent three nights at Ashlea and were truly treated like the Lord and Lady of the Manor. Not only did we have a large and tastefully decorated room and an equally well-appointed bathroom, but the view towards the North Sea delighted us daily with gorgeous sunrises. Ros is an excellent cook, the food being locally sourced, and she prepared excellent and nutritious breakfasts, including Arbroath smokie. On short notice, moreover, she prepared a gourmet dinner for my husband and me and our two guests, ably served by John, who entertained us with his stories, wit, and even some excellent piano! John is very knowledgeable about computers and all things technical and was happy to set me up with my mobile, plus he was a fount of information about what to do and where to go in the area. We MUST return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Premier Inn Dundee (Monifieth) Hotel
Panmure Hotel
Panmure Hotel
#27 of 28 in Dundee
Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Fisherman's Tavern Hotel
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel

Been to Ashlea Manor Cottage? Share your experiences!