“Poor” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Riverside Inn
Ranked #72 of 371 Restaurants in Dundee
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on Riverside Drive right next to the River Tay and Dundee Airport your sure to be impressed with the stunning views and the excitement of being right next to the runway.We’d like you to leave The Riverside Inn with a smile on your face and while that’s usually down to the company you’re with, we’d like to think our friendly service, delicious food, convivial atmosphere and warm welcome can help make any occasion special.
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for some lunch. Wasn't very good. Service was slow, food wasn't either tasty or particularly hot! The staff were rushed off there feet and it wasn't really that busy. No manager in sight! Went down hill!

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Dreadful customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My son and I had gone to Riverside Inn just after 6 pm on a Monday evening - we hadn't booked . On arrival we waited at the small front desk where a sign is displayed asking the customer to " wait to be seated". This we did along with a group of 4 people similarly waiting to be seated. A male staff member appeared carrying a pile of menus he ignored us and the other party and proceeded to arrange said menus in some desired order. The other party of 4 looked lost and bewildered as the staff member continued to arrange the sheets of card . When he DID decide to acknowledge our existence he casually assigned a table for the group and pointed obscurely to where they should sit. He then, without lifting his head, asked how he could help (!) My son asked for a table for 2 and we were told it would be at least 20 mins........... there empty table all around us!! I have never experienced such bad service - very rude and unprofessional. It's my first experience of the place and I won't be returning. I've had to rate the food etc as 1 because my review won't be accepted without doing so but if the food is as bad as the service........well. Training is most certainly required!!!!

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch for grandad and the grandchildren!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I took two of my grandchildren, aged 9 and 7, for lunch today, Saturday. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were seated in a quiet "booth" with a television. The menu had everything we might want for lunch. I had chilli chicken goujons, followed by scampi, chips and peas. My grandson, 9, had chicken nuggets, chips and salad. My granddaughter, 7, had sausages, mash and peas. For dessert I had a deliciously sweet Pimms Jelly Royale with clotted cream ice-cream and strawberry sauce. The 9 year old had Banoffee pie with clotted cream ice -cream and the 7 year old had a huge helping of chocolate fudge cake and clotted cream ice-cream. With drinks the bill came to £30 - excellent value. There will definitely be a return visit!

Perth, United Kingdom
“No problems with this place at all...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Unlike some others who like to whinge all the time, we have never had any problems with this pub at all. If you want AAA service pay for it....mind you maybe you are slightly too tight to do so you tightwad????

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JohnPerthScotland40
Dundee
“Disgusted Loyal Customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Every week I'm down for some drinks or Food with family as it's a 2 minute walk from my house, but after yesterday i won't be back. I called to book a table for the 13th of June (plenty notice) for a party of 17 including a high chair as it was my eldest's 30th and was told we couldn't have a table that large at 18.00, i then asked for Saturday at 14.00 and was told that it would have be 12.00 as the chef has to make sure that all the food comes out HOT at the same time! So when i put to the Manager that if 3 tables of 6 oredered at the same time the food would still have to be out hot, this was met with silence. I can't believe in this economic climate that establishment could afford to turn down business! Absolutely disgusted by this treatment and they have just lost a loyal customer and his family.

1 Thank TyTzar