“Another Nice Stay”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Another Nice Stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have stayed at the Invercarse on several previous occasions normally when attending functions. On this occasion we received the same warm welcome from reception staff and were quickly allocated a nice large room on the ground floor. The room was clean and functional however would have benefited from an additional chair and some drinking water on the hospitality tray. All staff were their normal friendly helpful self, good service at the bar, and a special mention for the young waitress serving breakfast on her own in the restaurant, she could not do enough to help even when faced with multi simultaneous requests from guests.As stated by previous reviewer(s) some areas are perhaps showing signs of requiring a bit of an upgrade however the room we were in was perfectly serviceable and we will be delighted to return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the reception side of the hotel as those facing the car park can be noisy when...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MartinaKidd, General Manager at Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thankyou for your feedback.
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The staff will appreciate your comments regarding their service.
I take on board your comments regarding the room.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the city
Kind Regards
Martina Whiting

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding here and it was the best day of our lives!!!
The service we received was second to known. Nothing was a problem.
Everything went without a hitch and this was done to the staff in the invercarse. They were outstanding.
Food was lovely as always.
Breakfast I the morning was excellent.
Our room was lovely!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank clarkie1979
Dunboyne, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel was nice, but could do with a little updating. It was quiet, so sleep was not a problem. It is located on the outskirts of the city, in a pretty convo enemy location, but there's not too much within walking distance.

The staff here are the best asset, they were extremely friendly and helpful.

The food in the restaurant was not bad. I went for the duck for dinner. Normally duck is served either rare, or crispy. I like it cooked both ways, but this was neither and was not great. Everything else was fine though.

The room was comfortable and clean, but a little dated.

Overall not bad, but room for improvement.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob B
MartinaKidd, General Manager at Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased that there were aspects of your stay that you enjoyed especially the staff’s performance.

Your comments have been taken on board regarding your Dinner and room.

Thank you again for your points as it does allow us to improve our standards.

Kind regards

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Fantastically friendly staff, great location, clean and quite quaint.
Twin room was perfect - taking daughter to a university interview.
Bar pleasant and welcoming.
Breakfast was great.
But the staff were fantastic and the hotel should be proud of their attentive service.
Dundee was unexpectedly lovely - we are going back in tourist mode this summer and will be using this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RMPK
MartinaKidd, Manager at Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Invercarse. The staff will appreciate your comments.

We look forward to seeing you during your Summer Holiday.

Kind regards

Staffordshire
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I travelled to Dundee on the evening of 28 January 2014 and my sat nav was saying my ETA was going to be around 9pm. As I thought this could be around "last orders" in the restaurant I telephoned the hotel to enquire.

I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who sympathised with my situation and said she would have a word with the restaurant and explain my predicament. Again I was greeted by a very helpful young lady in the restaurant who read to me the whole menu and let me make my choices. She commented that this would be no problem and she would inform the chef and wished me a safe final leg of my journey.

I arrived at the hotel just before 9pm, checked in, dropped my bag in my room and proceeded to the restaurant. My starter arrived in minutes and was absolutely gorgeous and this was followed by the main of equal quality.

This hotel was clean, friendly, hospitable, served excellent food and I would thoroughly recommend it, just hope I get plenty more business visits to Dundee :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark G
MartinaKidd, Owner at Best Western Dundee Invercarse Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Mark,
Thankyou so much for your feedback following your recent stay with us..
I'm pleased that the staff looked after you and they will appreciate your acknowledgement.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very nice hotel, big room, delicious breakfast (apart from the rockhard potato scone). The restaurant stayed open for us so we could have some dinner after working late, very very helpful. Staff were very pleasant, helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business