Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
US$66
  • Breakfast included
US$67
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$72
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$93
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$78
Priceline
US$47
Travelodge
US$104
Priceline
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbroughty ferrynew wingleisure facilitiesleisure clubswimming poolsteam roomhigh teawedding partylovely hotelquiet areaboth nightsdinner menugood sizepleasant staybuffet styleporridgebusiness trip
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Spent the day at this hotel as a guest at a friend's wedding. Firstly the positives. The location of the hotel is first class. The beautiful mature gardens are the perfect backdrop to a very handsome building. The food was really tasty and the service was very good. Based on these issues alone I would normally go for 4 stars, but the day was marred slightly by the attitude of the female member of the bar staff, who for some reason seemed to have a problem with me. The weirdness started when she first asked me what I wanted and after I ordered a beer, without any explanation, she just walked away and served someone else. I don't know if her demeanor was reserved solely for me but it was extremely unpleasant and took the shine off an otherwise pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
NikkiRobertson, General Manager at Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I firstly must apologise for the service you received at the bar, I can assure you that this is not our usual standard and the staff on duty have been reminded of this, I am however glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your experience at the hotel and I do hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed for one night. Stayed numerous times.
Check in fine as usual. Room was ok. Had same one before and you can hear next door but not too bad.
Internet was very slow but that could have been due to room location as not had a problem before.
Food was ok but nothing special. However no room service fee is great. Service is good.
Bed was comfy and slept well even if the birdies woke me up early outside. Only had a shower in the room and would have liked a bath.
Overall good stay at very reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are staying again please get in touch with the hotel and we can advise you as to what rooms we have available and make sure you are in one with a bath if you would prefer.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We visited the hotel yesterday for a meal and we were impressed with the quality of the food and the service from the staff. I am a vegan and they did their best to accommodate me. The food was really good and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
NikkiRobertson, General Manager at Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you very much for your comments as we appreciate all feedback.
I was very pleased to read that you had enjoyed your meal with us and that we were able to satisfy your dietary requirements. Please let me know what suggestions you have for vegan diners as the demand for this is increasing and we strive to deliver the best experience we can.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed overnight here as wedding guests. The hotel has obviously been refurbished - the entrance reception and bar are very modern & welcoming. The bedrooms are spacious and clean, with a nice spacious shower room. Unfortunately the bed has seen better days - sagging, uncomfortable mattress! The hotel boasts of free wifi throughout - this definitely didn't apply to the bedroom - no signal whatsoever! Good choice of hot and cold food at breakfast - plenty of tables. Overall this is a very nice hotel - better than most 3 stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate all comments.
I hope you enjoyed the wedding and was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Can you please let me know what room you stayed in and i will get my Head Housekeeper to check the beds as we are always striving to give our the guests the best stay possible. Our wifi provider has been informed of the problems you encountered and we are in the process of looking at upgrading this.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

What a find! An 'old fashioned' hotel in the best sense. A lovely building surrounded by trees with attentive staff what more could you ask for? We had the pleasure of staying in room 130 which has a double aspect. A spacious room which gave you the feeling of what the building must have been like in years gone by. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Including printing out something from the web when my netbook had a tantrum. We were impressed by the use of the hotel by local residents which gave it a buzzy feel without feeling busy and overbearing. Staff were happy to help even when they had other events going on. Breakfast was amazing, Dave enjoyed smoked haddock with poached egg and my porridge was superb! My apologies to restaurant staff, when I set my toast on fire, fortunately no damage done! On the first morning when we arrived for breakfast at 9.20am it was reassuring to be put at our ease and not made to feel we were holding staff up. Such a refreshing change from the staff who make you feel guilty for being 'late'. The gym was compact band had everything you needed to feel virtuous. I didn't get as far as the swimming pool on this occasion and while this was popular it was never over busy. The housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient and the bar staff knowledgeable about thir local area. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NikkiRobertson, General Manager at Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I especially appreciated your comments about your room as I believe it is the nicest room we have in the hotel. We hope to welcome you back here again soon.