“Very comfortable hotel”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
fife
“Very comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Travelled as a couple to attend a function in Dundee and found the location and standard of the hotel to be very good with a really nice big comfortable bed. Would return. Staff were very efficient and friendly

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank jph.2112
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear jph.2112,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us recently and that our team were very efficient and friendly.

It is great to hear that you will return to our property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Richard Ellison,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very efficient service, staff extremely helpful and polite. Breakfast excellent and room very well equipped (its not always easy to get an iron in a hotel nowadays!). An internet connection that worked and was easy to access. Allround a good experience

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bea W,

It is great to hear that we have provided you with an all round great service during your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

Our staff take great pride in providing a warm and friendly service for the guest. Your comments will be passed onto the team so that they know how much their service is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Your sincerely,
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Having stayed at the Gateshaead Hilton on the previous night I was expecting the "Doubletree" version of Hilton to be a less enjoyable experience because it was less expensive, how wrong I was.
A warm and speedy checkin completed the room was a very warm and welcoming giving a very homely feel. Comfortable bed and pleasant decor. The hotel is set in the grounds and a near castle like building with lots of opportunity to stroll and enjoy the views. Even deer grazing down by the " wee burn" at the
bottom of the large grounds.
The bar is cosey with comfortable seating and very pleasant staff. Breakfast is a full on feast if you want it, including haggis.
The pool and gym facilities looked good but did`nt use them
Thoroughly recommended, " One night is not enough"

Room Tip: some rooms are quite a long walk from reception so if you have mobility difficulties ask for a room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Malcolm S,

Following your recent stay with us it was great to learn that you were made to feel at home in our hotel. I am glad our team have achieved this - one of our biggest aims for our guest!

I will make sure to pass on your comments with the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

I hope to see you back again in the near future!

Manchester
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This was a real find in Dundee, I settled on it due to other hotels being booked up and the perception that DoubleTree were the poor relation of the hilton family.

Boy was I wrong! The hotel was immaculate throughout and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. I was updated to an Executive Room as an HHonors member and my room was one of the best I've stayed in, a comfortable lounge area and very well-decorated room with walk-in shower and huge bath.

I ordered room service and it was promptly delivered and the food really fresh and delicious. Breakfast was a delight - plenty of choice and a waitress (an older lady) who was so friendly it was unbelievable - an extremely warm welcome and definitely a real boost for the day.

Can't wait for my next stay, I'm even going to stay when I'm on business in Aberdeen - it's work a bit of a journey to have such a good hotel stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear HamishF,

I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our team provided you with a great service.

I am happy to hear that you have chosen to stay with us in the future - we look forward to welcoming you back!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here recently for 3 nights and found the staff one of the best features of this lovely hotel. Bar and restaurant staff are particularly attentive to your every need. At breakfast in particular you were made to feel welcome and they were very friendly.

Food served was very tasty with an excellent restaurant and bar menu. Staff made certain that everything was to your taste throughout the meal.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hi dougal65,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback through Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed your food and beverage experience in particular.

Our team is dedicated to providing a warm and friendly service and I will pass on your comments to them so that they know they are doing a great job!

Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

This visit offered value for money. It was more expensive than a budget hotel, but the standards were higher. There was plenty of room in both the bedroom and the bathroom.
The restaurant was decent quality and not overpriced.
Staff were friendly and helpful - which is our frequent experience all manor of places in Dundee.
One of the best hotels in Dundee.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Returner236,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback by leaving us a comment on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guest's expectations and I am pleased to learn that you have rated us as one of the best hotels in Dundee! I will pass on your comments to the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

If you wish to contact me further please do not hesitate to do so, and in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future.

Richard Ellison
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed for one night. Room was very comfortable. Staff were very helpful and breakfast was very nice. While checking in the staff kindly listed a few restaurant recommendations for us. The warm chocolate cookie on arrival was also a good touch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Matt D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor and for providing us with you valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guests expectations and I am pleased to learn that we have managed to do just that for you. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

In the meantime, if you wish to contact me any further, please do not hesitate to do so. I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future.