“Double Tree Dundee”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Everything was top notch and the staff was outstanding. Check in and Check out were speedy and accurate. The furnishings were very nice. I think a ceiling fan in the room would have made the room much more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Michael D,

I am glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us recently here at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee and that you found our hotel team to be outstanding.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is quite lovely, although a bit far from downtown Dundee. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Very comfortable and spacious rooms, with amazing beds. Huge bathroom. The welcome cookie is always a plus at doubletree hotels. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious. Lovely gardens as well to enjoy a drink or a walk. Good free wifi allover the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Juli99,

I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience with us during your recent stay and that you found the rooms to be very comfortable. It also gives me great pleasure to see that you enjoyed a delicious dinner in our restaurant as well as enjoying a walk through our scenic gardens.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have stayed here many times under different owners, the current owners have refurbished the rooms to a very high standard, the king rooms are exceptionally well done with superb bathrooms, the beds are some the best I've ever slept in, taking advantage of Hilton offers makes staying here very very good value. Dining in the restaurant has always been a pleasurable experience with attentive friendly staff and a wide choice on the menu. A perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Odd numbers are at the back of the hotel, if possible have a king room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear James B,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I am delighted that you find our hotel to be refurbished to an exceptionally high standard and that you always have a pleasurable dining experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope to see you return in the near future!

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stay in this hotel with business and I can honestly say from my first stay the staff were very attentive, friendly and went out of their way to help. Breakfast is a huge plus for this hotel, every hotel should have an Anne at breakfast, Anne stands out so much for me as a friendly efficent and hard working woman, she and her staff are accommodating to every need, it is a wonderful start to my day to have breakfast at the Double Tree.
Bedrooms always clean, fresh and very uptodate. If I had any complaint and must admit it is a small one, the only access to the gym is to go through the entrance of the swimming pool.
I stay in this hotel once per month for 4 days and unfortunately it is over budget for my company in July so will be staying in another hotel which I know will not be the same high standard as the Double Tree. Well done .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michelle71184,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently.

It is great to hear such positive feedback on our team and Anne in particular. I will make sure to pass on your comments to Anne and the rest of the team.

In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

On arrival I was slightly worried in the car park that it looked dated and more like a travel lodge! On entering I couldn't have been more surprised! Exceptionally welcoming staff on reception (even greeted with a warm cookie, very welcome after 5.5hrs in the car!). The room was a reasonable size and the bed was huge and sooo comfy (at 30 week's pregnant it is often hard to get comfy too!) we only had one meal in the bar but it was well presented and tasted fab (burger and Thai red curry) everything seemed well worth the money. Only issue that arised was they made my spritzer with soda water but they swiftly apologized and remade a fresh one with lemonade. Breakfast both mornings was fine, perhaps a little too warm in the area it was served but on leaving some guests were sitting in the bar area, so I guess you have the choice! Have to mention Anne who served us the second morning for breakfast, what a diamond! Total credit to the hotel. We did look at going in the pool but as others have mentioned it is definitely more to entertain children than to swim in. On the whole I can't find fault with our stay and hopefully we will be returning post-bump next year for another lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi thumper2508,

I am delighted that you had such a lovely, welcoming experience with us during your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to Anne in particular along with the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future!

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent hotel for a short stay. Exceptionally friendly and helpful reception and dining room staff.

All the usual facilities and services were available in our clean and well furnished room (hair dryer, iron and ironing board, safe, etc).

It was also possible to make a cup of tea on arrival to drink with the delicious complimentary warm chocolate cookie we received at Reception.

We had a huge and comfortable bed. The duvet, however, seemed not quite to match the quality of everything else in the room. It seemed slightly small for the size of the bed and it had a flat and thin feel to it. Perfectly warm and comfortable however for a summer season. Also we do wonder if it would be better to have a smaller bed and two easy chairs rather than one in the space provided!

The hotel benefits greatly from the high quality of the restaurant staff and the reception staff. A warm and pleasant greeting on arrival does always set a guest in a positive frame of mind.

The dinner waiting staff were absolutely excellent and very attentive but the most impressive aspect of our stay was the observed organisation and management of the dining room at breakfast time. The person in charge was in complete command despite a constant stream of guests. Tables were cleared of dishes appropriately as courses were completed and fresh pots of tea were offered just at the right time. The layout and the presentation of breakfast was first class. She is clearly a committed, proficient and very effective professional. The food at breakfast time was excellent.

I would feel confident to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stop off in Dundee for a couple of days. Guests are made to feel welcome and the accommodation is really without any significant fault. There is also easy and plentiful parking and we were provided with complimentary wifi. We did not use the spa although it was readily available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear terrywallan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback on Trip Advisor. It makes me very happy to see such a raving review. I am delighted that you had an excellent experience with us and that you feel that our staff are of high quality. I will make sure I pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is Hilton's new acquiston in dundee after the Earl Gray was pulled down. The hotel is on the outskirts of Dundee so you need a car to travel into Dundee or see any of the sights. The service,staff and the food could not be faulted. The room was the smallest Hilton room we have ever stayed in and although all the fixtures and fittings were good quality the room was dark and we even had to put on the light to read in the afternoon even although it was brilliant sunshine outside. One other point was that there was nowhere in the bathroom to put your toothbrush etc. The swimming pool is next to reception and quite small more of a kids play pool than an adults swimming pool. The down side of this hotel is due to this hotel not being built as a hilton but bought from another hotel to replace the Earl Gray. You can still enjoy your say here if you can overcome these points.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear M M,

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you feel that our service,staff and food could not be faulted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.