“Hilton Doubletree Dundee Scotland”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Hilton Doubletree Dundee Scotland”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fantastic Hotel with beautiful grounds and in a good location for car drivers.Not far from Dundee town. Excellent rooms and all very clean. Small fitness centre with swimming pool which was very handy and we used daily. A walk around the hotel grounds is a must. All staff very friendly,welcoming and helpful. Excellent breakfast with great waitress staff. Rooms very clean.Hotel has won some awards. Highly recommend hotel and I would definitely return there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 922gillianr
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear 922gillianr,

I am delighted to hear that you would highly recommend our hotel after your recent experience with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I am glad to see that our staff were very welcoming and friendly and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Ellison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with the Mrs for couple of nights this month.
On arrival we were allocated a room next door to where a wedding reception was being held and was very noisy. When I complained to reception they immediately moved us to an upgraded Hilton Honours room in different part of hotel and room was superb and peaceful.
We used the gym and the facilities were brilliant and I used the dining room twice for breakfast and the choice was vast and service was great.
All in all we had a fantastic stay in this hotel and would definitely recommend to anyone.
Thanks again Hilton and all the staff who were great

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Iainrdavidson,

I am delighted to see that you had a great stay with us recently and that you would recommend our hotel to others. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their service was appreciated.

I am also happy to hear that you thought your room was superb as well as our leisure facilities and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Looks like a lovely old building but alas very tired in some aspects, Room was fine but had no air condition, so very close at night. Lock on room 252 required extra muscle to close the door. Dirty dishes as I walked along the corridor to my room. I stayed there by chance, I could have stayed at a premier Inn along the road for £27 less. I thought would treat myself as it had a Sauna and Steam room. Well this certainly requires updating, never seen a steam room like it, all plastic inside, just like a pod, may have been a good idea in the 70's ...but very outdated. Would it really burst the bank to give free bottled water for your room...Come on....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear alan b,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that you felt our hotel was dated and therefore fell below your expectations - please accept my sincerest apologies for this.

I hope to see you give the hotel a second chance in the future and to give me an opportunity to welcome you back.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Due to travel arrangment and weather conditon we arrived the hotel at 10:00pm. The receptions are so helpful with warm heart. Because of the time the restaurant is closed but the food of the bar is also perfect. The breakfast is also frash and tasty. The decoration of the hotel is traditional but not old. Good enviroment and equipment for a good sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kai W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that you found our staff to have a warm heart and our food to be perfect.

I will make sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the team and in particular our reception team.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. I was traveling on my own and felt very comfortable in this hotel, the staff were very friendly and the service was first class. Lovely gardens, and great food. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank I Harriet D
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear I Harriet D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and for leaving us some great positive feedback! I am delighted that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us and although travelling on your own we managed to make you feel really comfortable with our first class service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Everything was top notch and the staff was outstanding. Check in and Check out were speedy and accurate. The furnishings were very nice. I think a ceiling fan in the room would have made the room much more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Michael D,

I am glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us recently here at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee and that you found our hotel team to be outstanding.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is quite lovely, although a bit far from downtown Dundee. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Very comfortable and spacious rooms, with amazing beds. Huge bathroom. The welcome cookie is always a plus at doubletree hotels. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious. Lovely gardens as well to enjoy a drink or a walk. Good free wifi allover the place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Juli99,

I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience with us during your recent stay and that you found the rooms to be very comfortable. It also gives me great pleasure to see that you enjoyed a delicious dinner in our restaurant as well as enjoying a walk through our scenic gardens.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.