“Three day stay for anniversary”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely three day stay. The hotel is located immediately you arrive at the first roundabout from Perth. Easy access to St Andrews and Fife where we spent a day. Gold membership gave at free breakfasts but no upgrade as the hotel was full because of commonwealth games activity in Carnoustie. Anne, in the breakfast area was wonderful, suggesting another pot of tea in the lounge to read the paper. She is a wonderful rep for the hotel. At our evening meal it came out that this was our 37 th anniversary and a few minutes later out came some bubbly. The evening restaurant staff , all young were very kind and friendly. A good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear ScotinAlabama.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that our staff helped to make your anniversary that extra bit special.

I will pass your comments on to the rest of the team and hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed two nights during commonwealth games. There was an initial problem with rooms but hotel rang us, and offered a solution before we arrived.
Hotel sits off a busy road but we heard little traffic. Rooms clean and spacious, and comfortable. Hotel sits on two floors but doesn't have a lift. However the staff at the pool & leisure facilities, at the bottom of the stairs, were very helpful, offering to carry our cases or arrange for a ground floor room.
We ate in the restaurant which does have quite a Scottish theme to the menu. Food was good and we didn't have to wait long. Children's portions were quite large. Breakfast is a good selection of hot and continental. The absolute star of the hotel, is a lady called Anne who made breakfast a delight. She is just so welcoming and kind, and the greatest asset to the hotel.
All round, a very pleasant and relaxing stay. Would definitely consider this hotel if in the area again.

Dear Ritchie_family7,

I am delighted to see that you had a very pleasant and relaxing stay with us recently at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. It is also nice to hear such positive feedback on our staff and in particular Anne. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated,

In the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Was worth the additional 40 minutes journey to my business address. All Staff very helpful and friendly. Facilities were fine. Only negative was that my room didn't have air conditioning which was needed during my stay as temperatures were soaring. Overall, very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Wilma L,

I am delighted to hear that you had a very good stay with us recently and that you felt we were worth the extra journey. I hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. Obviously expert in organising weddings. Did not have the opportunity to use all the facilities but friends did and were impressed. We found the prices at the bar were a bit steep and the lack of a lift a bit awkward. If you are elderly ask for a room on the ground floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that you enjoyed our beautiful garden setting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went to the doubletree with my family for lunch on our way home to Aberdeen on the 14th July for my daughters birthday, we have been there before and had a wonderful experience, alas I cannot say the same this time. No one showed us to a table we then waited for our menus, then came the white paper napkins, it's a four star I do not expect paper napkins, we then had to wait half an hour plus for our main course, I then ordered cheese for my daughter and the brownie dessert for myself, mine came out and you could smell how burnt it was it was disgusting, the waitress was not even that bothered. I would never dine there again totally disappointed staff need to find some people skills. Also the ladies toilets smelled terrible.

2  Thank Anne L

Dear ADL50,

I am extremely disappointed to hear of your recent dining experience with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. Please accept my sincere apologies - this should not have happened. Through previous reviews, service is one of our strongest points and we are regularly praised on our quality of staff. However on this occasion we did not appear to get it right and we apologise for this.

If you wish to discuss any further then please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to make things right and to restore your faith in the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I (my husband and 2 boys) recently stayed here and I cannot praise it enough. Warm cookies on arrival went down well with the kids even though it was a hot day. Well presented rooms with air conditioning, fluffy towels and a lovely big bath. The staff were excellent from reception to the lovely ladies welcoming us for breakfast. The staff took a genuine interest in making your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and were especially good with the kids. We will be returning and cannot recommend you enough, thank you Hilton!

2  Thank Abbey C

Dear Abbey C,

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback on Trip Advisor. It is great to see that our staff provided you with an excellent service and in particular our lovely breakfast ladies and receptionists - I will make sure to pass on your comments to the team.

In the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fantastic Hotel with beautiful grounds and in a good location for car drivers.Not far from Dundee town. Excellent rooms and all very clean. Small fitness centre with swimming pool which was very handy and we used daily. A walk around the hotel grounds is a must. All staff very friendly,welcoming and helpful. Excellent breakfast with great waitress staff. Rooms very clean.Hotel has won some awards. Highly recommend hotel and I would definitely return there.

1  Thank 922gillianr

Dear 922gillianr,

I am delighted to hear that you would highly recommend our hotel after your recent experience with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I am glad to see that our staff were very welcoming and friendly and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.