“Wedding”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
dundee, United Kingdom
“Wedding”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff which helped make the wedding day fantastic. All staff where very flexible with last minute changes to the wedding day plans. Would recommend to any one who was thinking of using the venue for a wedding.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Mark D,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee and that our staff helped to make the wedding day fantastic.

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

I hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future.

Richard Ellison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Eyemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A really disppointing experience - apart from the staff - who were friendly and enthusiastic.
The room was really quite poor - there was no heating available despite low evening and night temperatures; the bathroom did not have an extractor fan at all; the decor looked tired and the room could have done with a fresh lick of paint. The free wifi did not operate.
The room location meant that there was a deal of noise late at night.
One of the more irritating aspects of my saty was that late every afternoon a member of staff knocked on the door to ask if the room had been cleaned. The last straw was on the third afternoon when she knocked on the door twice within five minutes!!
Will not stay at this hotel again and could not recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid room 111.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob H
Dear Bob H,

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience whilst staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I am disappointed that your room in particular was not quite up to standard. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. The hotel strives to meet and indeed exceed all of our guest's expectations and it appears that on this occasion we did not achieve this.

If you wish to contact me further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future where I am certain that we will be able to restore your faith in the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Maybe because I have never had to think about it up until now but was surprised to find when we arrived that the kids had not been given an adjoining room and on top of that they had one double bed rather than 2 singles. Would expect that at point of booking you are asked the question if that is not seen as standard. At least that is what I have been used to up until now.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear maryhH3880XI,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us was less that satisfactory due to your room allocations. Please accept my apologies for this. If you wish to contact me further please do not hesitate to do so.

In the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here on our way to the highlands. It easy to find and get to off the nearby by pass. The only disadvantage is that it is a bit a way from the main town which would have been nice for a walk in the evening.

We were given rooms quite a way from reception at the end of the building which meant the rooms were quiet with only the occasional door banging to be heard. Another thoughtful touch was being given adjacent rooms to the children. The staff are really helpful and friendly.

We checked in and went to the pool. There are sauna and steam rooms as well as a gym. We had dinner in the bar and were given the choice from the bar and restaurant menus. The food was excellent being well cooked and flavoursome. Service was ok with the staff very busy and probably could have done with a couple more on to ease the rush.

We all got a good nights sleep which was very welcome given the long drive. Breakfast was self service with hot and cold selections. We all enjoyed breakfast.

Overall a nice place to stop over and we would return. It was a shame we were not to staying a little longer to get to see the local area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear JohnMoore1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback on Trip Advisor - I am delighted that you had a great stay with us recently and that you thought our food in particular was excellent. I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sun City, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A great place to stay to begin your trip home. Comfortable lodging with good food and drink. Quick and reliable transportation to the airport takes but a few minutes. Staff was helpful and the service and selection was excellent.

Dear Oldsalt42,

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that you thought our service and selection was excellent.

I hope to see you visit the hotel in the near future.

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Doubletree as a last minute booking. Flawless customer service, with friendly reception staff, who made check in and check out a breeze.

Beautiful hotel, rooms are modern and spotlessly clean, beds are comfortable, bathrooms like new. Could not fault on this point, and had it been solely on the staff and room I was reviewing, it would be a 5/5, could not recommend more.

Our only complaint was that we were next to the function suite, and it was very loud into the wee hours of the morning. Obviously, it is understandable that there would be some noise, but with patio doors open at 1 / 2 am, people making a lot of noise and music blaring, it was unacceptable, and my partner struggled to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask to be put away from the function suite at the far end of the hotel!
1 Thank Smunton
Dear Smunton,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular our friendly welcoming staff however I am disappointed to hear that you experienced some noise issues during your stay due to the function that was happening at that time. Please accept my apologies for this.

If you wish to contact me further please do not hesitate to do so and in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at this property following a disastrous hotel stay in Killin Scotland. I am a frequent international traveller who spends in excess of 200 days per year on the road. Obviously hotels vary in terms of sizes and amenities in different parts of the world. In particular if you are a traveler from North America looking for a more familiar accomodations this is the place. Think decent size room, big comfy king sized bed, good TV, working HVAC controls, fast internet, stand alone soaker tub, shower with great water pressure, clean, great breakfast and an excellent lounge to retreat to.

When I first booked the hotel I did so because we needed a night at a familiar chain. This hotel is obviously set up for the business traveller looking to be close to the Dundee airport and the Industrial technology Park. However, do not dismiss this hotel if your playing tourist.

From this base we were able to look around Dundee including the Discovery Museum. Dundee is also a decent base to explore St Andrews without the hassle of finding parking for a cramped B & B or being surrounded by thousands of golf mad tourists 24 hours per day. The drive is easily less than 45 minutes and highly scenic.

Back at the hotel there is also a pool, fitness center and a beautiful garden. The restaurant is housed inside an atrium with beautiful views even on a rainy day.

In closing the staff were wonderful. Professional, engaged and seemed genuinely concerned with the quality of our stay. In the future I would likely bend the corner and go out of my way to stay at this property.

Room Tip: Recommend Superior King room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Oran M,

It is great to hear such positive feedback on your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I am delighted that you found our professional, welcoming staff to be wonderful during your stay and that you enjoyed our beautiful landscaped gardens and the views from our Maze restaurant.

I hope to see you return to the hotel very soon