“Nice Hotel in an great location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
Rugeley, Staffs.
“Nice Hotel in an great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting friends locally. The room was well equipped, and the bathroom modern with bath and shower. There were a few things that let it down as there was a piece of carpet that needed stretching, and some of the paintwork could have been better. However, we would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear jakeandbella,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on trip advisor and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

It is great to hear that you would choose to stay with us again if you are in the area and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Ellison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The rooms and facilities are lovely, modern places to relax and enjoy yourself. The garden picturesque and bright. The service on the other hand didn't quite match up to my expectations. On 2 occasions I found that there were other people's clothing (1 pair of pants on the chair in my room and a dirty sock under the bed) in my room, that I hasn't asked for. At 22:35 at night when I was asleep I had a 'room service lady' knock on my door announcing "Room Service!" Despite her holding 10 cookies in a fan shape, this wasn't what I asked for.

I was their on a 'business trip' and was with other people. All of us had to have a set menu every evening which consisted of a starter, main course and pudding of which we could only choose 2. The meals were obviously heated up from left overs from what was left over from previous evenings as we ended up having beef casserole twice and sticky toffee pudding 3 times, both of which were a bit dry and lukewarm.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend. Enjoy the room (when it's got your stuff in it), enjoy the pool and gym, but do not go for good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back and out the way of the entrance as the people I was travelling with were...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Edward S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently however I am disappointed to hear that our service didn't quite match up to your expectations. Please accept my apologies for this. Service is one of our hotel's strongest points which is highlighted through previous feedback however I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not appear to get it right.

If you wish to contact me further then please do not hesitate to do so and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff which helped make the wedding day fantastic. All staff where very flexible with last minute changes to the wedding day plans. Would recommend to any one who was thinking of using the venue for a wedding.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark D,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent experience here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee and that our staff helped to make the wedding day fantastic.

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

I hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future.

Eyemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

A really disppointing experience - apart from the staff - who were friendly and enthusiastic.
The room was really quite poor - there was no heating available despite low evening and night temperatures; the bathroom did not have an extractor fan at all; the decor looked tired and the room could have done with a fresh lick of paint. The free wifi did not operate.
The room location meant that there was a deal of noise late at night.
One of the more irritating aspects of my saty was that late every afternoon a member of staff knocked on the door to ask if the room had been cleaned. The last straw was on the third afternoon when she knocked on the door twice within five minutes!!
Will not stay at this hotel again and could not recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid room 111.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob H
Dear Bob H,

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience whilst staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. I am disappointed that your room in particular was not quite up to standard. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. The hotel strives to meet and indeed exceed all of our guest's expectations and it appears that on this occasion we did not achieve this.

If you wish to contact me further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future where I am certain that we will be able to restore your faith in the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Maybe because I have never had to think about it up until now but was surprised to find when we arrived that the kids had not been given an adjoining room and on top of that they had one double bed rather than 2 singles. Would expect that at point of booking you are asked the question if that is not seen as standard. At least that is what I have been used to up until now.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear maryhH3880XI,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us was less that satisfactory due to your room allocations. Please accept my apologies for this. If you wish to contact me further please do not hesitate to do so.

In the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here on our way to the highlands. It easy to find and get to off the nearby by pass. The only disadvantage is that it is a bit a way from the main town which would have been nice for a walk in the evening.

We were given rooms quite a way from reception at the end of the building which meant the rooms were quiet with only the occasional door banging to be heard. Another thoughtful touch was being given adjacent rooms to the children. The staff are really helpful and friendly.

We checked in and went to the pool. There are sauna and steam rooms as well as a gym. We had dinner in the bar and were given the choice from the bar and restaurant menus. The food was excellent being well cooked and flavoursome. Service was ok with the staff very busy and probably could have done with a couple more on to ease the rush.

We all got a good nights sleep which was very welcome given the long drive. Breakfast was self service with hot and cold selections. We all enjoyed breakfast.

Overall a nice place to stop over and we would return. It was a shame we were not to staying a little longer to get to see the local area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear JohnMoore1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback on Trip Advisor - I am delighted that you had a great stay with us recently and that you thought our food in particular was excellent. I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sun City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

A great place to stay to begin your trip home. Comfortable lodging with good food and drink. Quick and reliable transportation to the airport takes but a few minutes. Staff was helpful and the service and selection was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Oldsalt42,

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that you thought our service and selection was excellent.

I hope to see you visit the hotel in the near future.