“super experience”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Can not fault the variety and standard of all the dishes produced, each one was extremely tasty. Staff very informative and helpful, making sure you have a great visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,843)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Read all the reports and had to try it. Made reservation - not easy to get a table at short notice but to be expected due to popularity.
The ambience is exceptional - noisy but authentic - you could be in Madrid.......
Service is very good also - maybe sometimes a bit too attentive and bring the food TOO soon after the previous dishes.
Quality of the food is very good and my only criticism would be of the prawn Pil-Pil dish which was quite poor. It was "watery" for some reason and when I pointed this out to the waiter he was a bit "non-plussed" and appeared to agree, but did not taken any action to remedy the complaint. This is a dish which ought be be in hot olive oil and certainly NOT water.......
Although I make reference to this dish, overall the food was very good and is very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a wonderful experience here last night. The staff were really friendly and explained all the different foods in great detail. They were also attentive and the owner and everyone else were really pleasant.
I have only tried Tapas once before, but I thought this was amazing, every dish was so flavoursome and delicious. My favourite was the prawns as the sauce was really tasty... I'm not even a huge fan of prawns Usually! Nothing was too outlandish and we devoured every dish we were given. Felt really full but not uncomfortably so as it wasn't a heavy stodgy meal.
The sangria was also really tasty, and you get lots in the jug. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I ate here with some friends for lunch after finishing final medical exams. Hidden up the stairs, was a great little restaurant with a relaxing ambience. You get a set tapas menu, with loads of dishes that satisfied both in quality and quantity. Value for money. Service was great, with each dish explained to you and the origins of their cooking ingredients. Was both a learning and entertaining experience. I wished I could have had some wine with the meal, but I was driving. If ever back, I'll make sure I'm not the chauffeur.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My favourite restaurant. Not just in Dundee...
The service is fantastic. Staff who really know about the food their serving + very friendly. Our waiter told us that the chef was his wife - I said "lucky you!"
The food is extraordinary. Everything is a 'taste sensation'. As far as I know, the menu doesn't change often but I still can't wait to visit again when I come back home for my uni summer break.

1  Thank 20SEB13