“Drinks to food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Irregardless of whether you are in for a quiet few drinks or a meal the staff are welcoming and extremely helpful. The food is wonderful, the setting is cosy and the beer garden out the back is one of the most beautiful areas I have sat in. On three levels you can enjoy the out doors on a lovely day and even the evening with the large patio heaters.

Families are also welcome, having dined here as a couple, a family and with friends I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Book though!!

1  Thank girlandguynextdoor

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with my partner and his two friends, Friday night and we got a table no problem - this worried me slightly thinking they wouldn't be busy. But I was wrong! Quite busy, fantastic atmosphere and plenty of space! I had black pudding and poached egg to start and it was delicious! When I did put my head up the boys had all finished there starters also so it must have been good. Goats cheese and tomato salad for main and it was also fantastic, they didn't even skimp on the goats cheese which I find most places do. Service was good, they always looked busy and smiling which is nice. Very much traditional food, with very large portions! None of the boys are small build and plates where not finished - most certainly not like them.... But gladly it was because there was too much, they all complimented on the quality and price at the end. :) we will be back. Thanks again

2  Thank ProTaster S
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Visited for my boyfriends grans 75th birthday. We were given a room separate from the dining area. Baked camenbert starter was to die for... just don't think of the calories! Main meals are good pub grub.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been a regular customer since Mark and Susie reopened the Milton nearly five years ago. The staff are always friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere is as close as you get to an English country pub. On sunny days the secluded garden tempts many customers outside . The selection of Real Ales and Whisky, complements the excellent food on offer.

1  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Been a few times with the family and we are always treated to the same high standard of service and food every time.

The choice on the menu is impressive with an equally impressive specials board. Food was excellent. Kids menu is great value and the “small” fish was massive. Only fault was that I had to watch my daughter eat the sticky toffee pudding. I won’t be making that mistake again!!

I can’t recommend this place enough for food. Always fantastic with well trained & helpful staff.

1  Thank BOW1983

Been to The Milton Inn? Share your experiences!