“Cancellation...”

Ranked #20 of 22 Dundee B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Cancellation...”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was booked to stay here for a few nights over the summer but had to cancel due to personal circumstances. Whoever I spoke to was very rude & abrupt on the phone, clearly the only thing on his mind was money as I was told repeatedly that I would be paying for the first night (which I had no objection to). I can't comment on any of their facilities but the customer service is definitely lacking!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nerja
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Unfriendly host , maybe obnoxious is a better word to describe the man host , filthy hairs on the shower walls , disgusting , old decrepit furniture. Breakfast foul , i hope i never return to Dundee but if i do , i can assure you i would never ever stay at this place or recommend it to anyone visiting Dundee. I made a mistake , i looked at prices and went for the cheaper and the old saying is only too true " you only get what you pay for " . Take note .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Dundee hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend 8th and 9th to visit my wife's seriously ill brother.
After a long drive from liverpool we arrived to find our host Ward, an extremely amiable friendly chap who was only too happy to take the time to advise us on the best places to eat and have a drink, also explaining in detail how best to get to the hospital for visiting my brother in law.
It bemuses me why guest have written negative reviews regarding furnishings and Ward engaging them in conversation. The property in my view is furnished in character with the house and I found ward to be a genuinely nice guy, always prepared to have a friendly chat, id rather have that any day than some ignorant character.
We found the double room we had perfect, well furnished, clean and comfortable, the breakfast was also spot on, i had the full English, oops! Scottish ( sorry Ward , couldn't resist ) breakfast.
We have booked to stay again the next weekend, looking forward again to the hospitality shown by ward and his lovely partner.
I wouldn't hesitate to book Anderson on any future visits to dundee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redrobbie059
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We enjoyed this B & B in an old terraced house in Dundee, within walking distance of town. Furnished with lots of interesting period pieces, and an owner who regales you with interesting stories. No complaints about the breakfast, and we had our first introudction to potato scones.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Limavady, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here for one night this month and was underwhelmed by the unfriendly and unprofessional welcome I experienced. The female member of staff did not greet or engage me in conversation after my long journey. Her main concern was "would I like a cooked breakfast and what time I would need it for". As I had just arrived this was the last thing I wanted to be asked about. A simple hello and how was your journey would have been warmly appreciated! The room was basic but clean and fairly expensive for a one night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Zita M
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Serving the exact same overcooked breakfast daily along with the constant monologue of our host made us feel trapped at this bnb. They might consider that the last thing guests want to hear is their hosts complaining endlessly about other guests. It might be time to find another field of work and stop using paying customers as a captive audience.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank jackalope2013
whitby, Ontario
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Parking right at the front door. Stairs are quite steep. Keys available so you can come and go at your leisure. Area quite and appears to be quite safe. Great views across the river. Old terraced buildings in the area add to the charm of Dundee. The rooms were nicely decorated in period charm and were clean. Breakfast is served in a pictureque dining room with loads of nic nacs and various tea pots in old well kept cabinets. Breakfast was tasty and varous items available. If you are a dog person and luck enough to have the owner a bit slow at closing the door you might catch Bob, the dog slipping into thee room before being chaced out again. He is quite the character...so is Bob. The owner might seem a bit gruff at first but once you getbhis humour he is quite informative and funny. If you get up for breakfast before it is ready just go for a walk and see a bit of the area, the views of the river and the other houses along the road. If I, d thought of it I would have offered to take Bob for a walk. Although a bit of a drive to town the quietness of the area is worth it. The drive to town as I refer to it is the trying to find parking and the directions getting from point A to B with the pedestrian areas in the middle of everthing for a tourist can be quite daunting as in ant city. I would stay there again if I visit Dundee.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the front overlooking the River Tay as the back of the house naturally overlooks t...