“Still Great!!”

Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We probably stay at the Apex Dundee a few times per year. We stayed (yesterday) 15th June on a deal - spend £45 on food/drinks and stay for £45. Nice welcome at reception from Allison really friendly and professional, nice touch is that they recognise you have stayed before. I asked for a corner room which had already been allocated to us - nice touch!! Not sure if the keep a note of your requests on previous stays, lovely anyway. Rooms are really nice, very clean, shower could be with being more powerful and the bath panel was a bit loose. Food and service at dinner and breakfast was great, the hot items at breakfast time were actually warm which was nice as often they are cool at a help yourself. Overall we still love the Apex, whilst malmaison may be new and have beautiful stylish rooms, bar and restaurant for me the apex will always win on service and food quality.

• Stayed: June 2014
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear HolidayGal05

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed yet another stay with us and were impressed by Alison, who has been with us for some time. Her passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed guest expectations at every encounter is what we pride ourselves on, and sets ourselves above others.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dundee.

Stuart Grant - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,244)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

i am just back from a one night stay at this hotel with my sister.We had a great time and all the staff were great and could not do enough for you ,the breakfast was brillant and we both look forward to staying in the future Recommend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

...just came back from a night there. We booked the Dinner, Bed and Breakfast option. We arrived at check in and the staff were very pleasant. The room had everything you would want, slight pity that the room windows were quite dirty; mainly bird poo. My wife and I are big coffee drinkers so asked for more sachets at reception and were given a goody bag of more coffee, milk and biscuits. The spa pool, sauna and steam room were decent, we used them on arrival and before checkout; very relaxing. The 3-course dinner menu was absolutely superb and the breakfast in the morning was perfect. The only slip up was not being told if we had qualified for an upgrade on check-in. This had been requested on booking. We could not find our 'Duck' in the room, however the Reception Manager gave us one for each of our kids on checking out. We will definitely be back sometime soon, a great chillaxing weekend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days for my birthday with my partner

Room was ok we had asked for sn upgraded room but room was not great was clean and bed was comfy and full window view of water was nice

Didnt eat at hotel as its close to town and lots of places to eat

Had drinks in the bar and were not badly priced

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank murphy3112

Dear murphy3112

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your birthday. We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly were not up to standards on your stay. I have followed up with me team and am pleased to confirm the issues have been resolved. Thank you for bringing them to our attention - it helps us get better.

Please contact me directly at stuart.grant@apexhotels.co.uk, where we will ensure that your birthday celebrations go off with a bang.

Stuart Grant - General Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Whenever I require to travel to Dundee on business, I don't hesitate in booking this hotel. It is centrally located, comfortable, clean, and modern. It also has an excellent restaurant menu, from which I rarely venture. Gym and spa facilities are also excellent. This hotel trades far beyond its 4* rating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StarredMotion
Reviewed 14 June 2014

For a total stay of three nights on business I must say it was a great sleep with superb mattress, pillows and towels. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was nice with Dundee view and enough space to move around. Pros of the room: design, iron and ironing board - fan -powerful hairdryer. Cons: no mini-bar/fridge - noise could be heard from the street although highest floor- no towel hangers close to sink - low mirror lights difficult to makeup - one wardrobe had loosen door.
The spa (pool-sauna-jacuzzi-hamam) experience was included in the price and was really relaxing with beautifully designed facilities.
Dining experience was ok with rather slow service and mediocre main dishes, at least the ones we tried. The garlic bread was great though!
Overall, hotels are for sleeping and relaxing and this is definitely it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear EM_nosotros

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me and helps me monitor the service we provide.

We receive so many positive comments with regards to our rooms, but I am sorry that this was not the case for you on this occasion. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will address these opportunities in both our rooms and restaurant.

I do hope that the above did not detract too much from an enjoyable stay and that I will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Stuart Grant

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I are just back from a night in the Apex. We have stayed many times before but this time seemed more relaxed. Perhaps because we are just recovering from a death in the family. We stayed in a Junior Suite and everything was just wonderful. We decided not to go to the restaurant in the evening and phoned for room service and again everything was just perfect. We wish to thank the general manager Stuart Grant for his extra touches and restoring our faith. My husband and I had a treatment in the Yu spa and again it was brilliant and so relaxing. We really enjoyed our time in the Apex and cannot wait to return.
Thank you also to Angela Newton who made it all possible. Just what was needed at this time.

Room Tip: We were in Room 222 and it was very comfy and very quiet.