“another fine time”

Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here again and enjoyed our stay as much if not more than our first time. Staff are so friendly, rooms are great , comfy BIG bed and tasty breakfast. Exactly what you need for a wonderful weekend breakaway. We're already planning our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,115)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night here with work. What a beautiful hotel! The staff were fantastic, the food was beautiful and I had the BEST nights sleep ever. The location is great for travelling (although the roadworks are a bit of a nightmare but these kinda things can't be helped) - loved the wee touch in the bathroom of the free Rubber Duck :) nice Elemis products too - gym facilities looked great (not that I actually used them like) too and there are Elemis propducts in there too. Loved this hotel and looking forward to coming back to see you all :D x

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was a warm summer evening the night I stayed here on business and probably because of all the external glass in the hotel, internally it was very,very warm -even with air con. Windows are restricted to only open a small bit so room was and remaned uncomfortably warm throughout the night.

Hotel staff in reception restaurant bar etc were all very polite, helpful and professional and although the room was warm it was clean and the bath shower was good.

we dined in the restaurant and although food was acceptable i couldn't say it was fantastic and some of the starter portion sizes were very small. Breakfast the next morning was good and both check in and check out worked well.

The large car park at the hotel is great as is its location for exploring Dundee i did not explore the spa and given the cost of the hotel i didn't feel that real value for money was achieved

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear macGlasgow_UK

We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I am sorry in this case we fell short. For that I apologize. We do not have air conditioning in our rooms and for the inconvenience it caused you, I am sorry. I will also review your comments with regards to our Food & Beverage Outlets with my team.

Thank you again , and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and appreciate your business and feedback.

Yours sincerely,
Stuart Grant - General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here recently to celebrate our friends 50th birthday. 3 of us shared a city room which is supposed to be their most basic, but we were very pleased with it. It was roomy, nicely decorated with all the facilities we needed and very clean. Plenty white fluffy towels and even a decent hairdryer!
On arrival the staff were friendly and attentive. There was a wedding going on and plenty guests in the open plan reception lounge/bar area, but nothing too noisey.
We managed to get a very reasonable D/B&B package incl free use of the spa facilities.
We were most impressed with our dinner, the food was very tasty and really well presented and again the staff were friendly and efficeint. The restaurant was very busy and we assumed some of them were not staying but just there to sample the excellent food.
The spa facilites are good and thankfully for us were not busy.
The hotel is near the waterfront in a regenerated area and provides nice views from the comfy reception/lounge area, where you can grab a coffee or drink. It is an easy short walk into town where there are plenty, bars, cafes and shops. Taxis are pretty cheap too.
A big thanks to the Apex team for providing an enjoyable experience, especially the chefs for the yummy food. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mitches
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for one night and during the night there was a "disturbance" with police needing to attend.

It was 4am and police and their eventual prisoner were not quiet at all, no criticism but it just ruined a good nights sleep. No chance of returning to sleep in this v light time of year!

I mentioned it at reception and the real measure of a good establishment is how they deal with issues, I received a cursory "sorry" which doesn't go down in my book as dealing with it very well!

It has put me off a little bit, and now I am due to be in Dundee a lot more and there are more hotels to choose from I will possibly try another one where staff training has been carried out better to ensure staff realise they need to value their customers!

A pity really, because in so many ways as per my previous review from a few years back, this hotel ticks most of the boxes!

1  Thank arthurh
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a wonderful Pedicure at the YuSpa within this Hotel......Natalie my Therapist was absolutely fantastic! Such a lovely girl to go along with my lovely treat....i'll definitely be back!! would highly recommend a treatment during anyone's stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel great staff reasonable food prices without excessive tray charges for room service...brilliant. Initially my company had booked me into a different hotel where I usually stay at the Apex I had a terrible experience at a nearby hotel and the Apex managed to accommodate me last minute and due to my bad experience upgraded me to a suite to make my stay more special this was fantastic and just what I needed

• Stayed: June 2014