Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, accompanied with family members who had also booked a standard room. Receiving an 'upgrade' email a few days prior to our scheduled arrival sent pre-arrival jitters. 'Upgrade' to a superior room with views over Dundee Quay for only £15/night? I think not as the 'standard' room rate we paid for wasn't exactly cheap.
After checking in, our family in a room a few doors down were met with a handy man busily painting their room. In our room, we were welcomed with a scruffily made bed - complete with pillows half hanging out of their cases. Cigarette burns in both the furniture and towels. The towels...that leads me to our unforgettable experience with...the towels. On day 2, arrived back to our room to find it serviced by house keeping, then to find no towels. Rang reception 3, maybe 4 times, only to receive no answer. Proceeded to go down to reception to ask for towels, where apart from one member of staff checking a guest in, the rest were 'busily' chatting away in the back office, we asked for some towels to be sent up. On returning to our room later that night...STILL not a towel to be seen. Then on day 3, return to our room, and supplied towels for only one (of two) guests. The towels also smelt like they'd been used in a kitchen recently. When 'extra' towels were delivered, we were met with an ever so friendly 'is there anything else that I can help you with' customer service 101 robotic question...infuriating itself in place at even a hint of an apology.
On our final night (a Friday), we were simply delighted to be woken by the 'Grahams Family Dairy' truck at 2.50am making an extremely noisy delivery, which at that hour, seemed to last for ever.
Apart from the location, this hotel hasn't really got a great deal going for it. It's dated and needs refurbishing. The bar has the ambience of a funeral parlour.
An AA 4* rated hotel? We beg to differ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary four-star hotel is conveniently located in the stunning quayside area of Dundee’s waterfront, just a five-minute walk from the vibrant city centre. If you’re arriving through Dundee airport, you’ll be just a short five-minute drive to the hotel. Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa features all the essentials you’ll need for a convenient and relaxing stay including complimentary parking and high-speed Wi-Fi. Beyond the essentials, it’s the extra touches that will make your stay memorable. Each contemporary bedroom features floor-to-ceiling windows, a 42” LCD TV and en-suite bathroom with complimentary Elemis toiletries. The luxury continues at our award-winning Yu Spa. Guests get free use of the Technogym, swimming pool, and sauna, steam room and Japanese-style hot tubs. Elemis spa treatments are also available to book for an extra charge. Taste and sample locally sourced ingredients in the dishes at the hotel restaurant, Metro Bar and Brasserie. If you have extra time to relax you can sip on refreshing cocktails whilst enjoying the great views of Dundee’s waterfront from the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex City Quay Hotel And Spa
- Apex City Quay Hotel Dundee
- Apex City Quay Dundee
- Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa Dundee, Scotland