Lowest prices for your stay
£81
£72
amychristina

A Brilliant Birthday Celebration

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Apr 2024
We stayed here for a birthday celebration weekend, and had the absolute loveliest time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, our room was gorgeous and had a very helpful mini fridge and the food we had in your restaurant was DELICIOUS. I was also incredibly charmed by the rubber duck left in our room, I want to stay at every apex and collect them all! And it was so kind of the person on reception to give me another to get my collection going when I mentioned how much I loved them to her. Dundee is also just such an amazing city and we had such a special time.
Date of stay: November 2023
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 16 Apr 2024
Dear amychristina

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your re4cent stay with us and on behalf of the team, wishing you a belated happy birthday.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed dining with us and that our team made such a positive impact on your stay and hope that we can welcome you back to Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa again soon.

£70
  • ZenHotels.com
    £66
View more hotels in Dundee
2,314 results
All reviews elemis toiletries great hotel free parking bath and shower superior room swimming pool short break good size lovely room bar and restaurant a lovely stay central location family room breakfast was excellent car park visiting dundee night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2024 via mobile

Amazing hotel. All staff amazing, the reception staff, the pool staff, bar staff and restaurant staff so helpful and friendly. Rooms lovely and very clean, only thing was the room was so hot and it was very hard to sleep had the window opened all night and a fan on but it didn’t help. The restaurant for dinner was lovely as was the breakfast. Great pool. Good location for exploring the city. Would definitely stay at the hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Lyndsey Nicholls, Guest Services / Front Office at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Dear K7995Ekimr

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us here at Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed dining with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Yu Spa facilties. Thank you for your comments regarding the team across the hotel, these are very rewarding to read.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found the temperature in the room uncomfortable and be assured that I have asked our maintenance team to investigate this.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 April 2024 via mobile

Called in for dinner. Had a burger with extra bacon. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the staff were more than helpful. Restaurant was very clean and there was a great atmosphere. Only downside was the heat. It was overpowering. I couldn’t wait to pay and leave.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear M682YWmartinc

Thank you for choosing to dine with us in our Quayside Bar and Grill and for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal and that our team made such a positive impact. Please accept my sincere apologies for the heat in restaurant and be assured that I have asked our maintenance team to investigate this.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Apex Citry Quay again in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2024

Beautiful hotel and staff are amazing. My daughter booked us a night for my birthday. The hotel reception team went the extra mile. Left me tablet and a card in the room. We also got complimentary drinks at the bar. The room was spacious and spotless. Craig from the reception team was so courteous and helpful. The pool area was lovely also

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kaz197613

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday here at Apex City Quay and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted to read that the reception team made such a positive impact and thank you for highlighting Craig, I will ensure he is aware of your kind comments.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 April 2024

We came to the Apex Dundee for one night 22nd - 23rd March. We have stayed at the hotel on a number of occasions and for a four star hotel, it has always been a "mixed bag" of experience, some of it worthy of the status, yet other areas where it lacks the quality of a four star, which for us was not necessarily relative to the cost of the stay. The Duty Manager who welcomed us on the Friday evening was very friendly, most welcoming, the majority of the staff are hard working, efficient and friendly, indeed the hotel has a high standard of cleanliness in its rooms and the pool area in particular is a nice environment due to its cleanliness. The pool water is somewhat cooler than normally found in hotels yet it is a nice relaxing space. On the Friday evening, one female member of serving staff in the bar area was somewhat forgetful, simple things such as asking for a menu which never materialised, or waiting longer for cutlery, and expecting the table to just be wiped, these are just simple matters of attention to detail. There was also an incident concerning a fellow resident who had dropped a substance (possibly a pot of mayonnaise from the local Dominos takeaway) all over the corridor outside our room area, though when we called through to reception we were advised that it would be "too noisy to clean it at 10pm", not the response we expected yet a hard working male member of the team did come up and he did an excellent job of clearing up an awful mess by hand (though we did feel as though there was a rhetoric as though it was us that caused the mess - Which we had not!). The main area of concern was the condescending female receptionist on checkout at 11am and the way in which she spoke to us. She (obviously quite correctly) picked up that we had not paid a supplement on an Itison voucher, we had missed this on the voucher as it had been a very last minute decision (following a very difficult few weeks) to come to stay in the hotel. We had absolutely no issue in paying this supplement, though we did have an issue with the way in which she handled the situation. Firstly in "shouting" across the reception area to the alarm of other guests and us, in an attempt to gain our attention. Then smugly telling us that she "always recommends reading the small print" with a smug smile on her face. Our response was that this should have been advised on the Friday evening on arrival. We left feeling as though this interaction had completely spoiled our stay and now, some three weeks later, it still upsets me that our stay was ruined by this one interaction. We don't doubt that a "we are sorry that this was not up to our usual high standards" response will follow from the Reception Manager. This won't suffice and we will certainly think hard about recommending or staying at the Apex again. As a final point, we wouldn't recommend the Itison vouchers, there was absolutely no saving.

Room tip: Avoid paying more for a room on the Quay side, you will be quite disappointed at the murky waters!
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lyndsey Nicholls, Guest Services / Front Office at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2024

Dear Freybon,

Thank you for your review following your stay in March, I was extremely disheartened to read of your disappointing stay and this would deter you from staying with us again. I would like to reassure you this is not our usual guest service and I would be keen to discuss this further with you so we may take some learnings from this unusual experience. If you'd be so kind to contact me at your earliest convenience on my contact details below.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best Wishes
Lexy
Assistant Front Office Manager
lexy.ferrie@apexhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 10 April 2024 via mobile

I came away from the Apex thinking 'I could have done it better'. On check in, the receptionist was efficient and warm. Generally, our room was lovely, clean and spacious. But our duvet cover had a tear in it and was on inside out. Simple fixes, really.
My biggest gripe was the restaurant. It took ages to get an order taken at both dinner and breakfast and whilst the food was fine, I don't think 'fine' is a good experience. No one checked if our food was okay or if we needed anything else. And when our plates were cleared, we weren't asked if we had enjoyed our meal. Looking at the restaurant setup, there was no visible reason for the wait, just poor customer service and 'untrained staff' vibe.
There was a 10 minute wait for our breakfast order to be taken, and clearly, we didn't have somewhere better to be (no laptops or lanyards with us) but still a long wait. Aside from someone I think was the manager, all the waiting staff looked like it was the most painful day of their lives. There was little visible understanding that a restaurant is a show, you smile a sunny smile even when you're busy, or tired, or it's monsoon-like rain out of the window.

Room tip: In the Junior Suite, the TV remote will operate both TVs at once unless you angle it carefully when you zap.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lyndsey Nicholls, Guest Services / Front Office at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2024

Dear Caroline Y

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa. I was extremely disheartened to read of your disappointing and negative impression of Apex City Quay Hotel. I am delighted you found the room to be clean and comfortable and the reception team were friendly on arrival.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience within the restaurant, I would like to reassure you this is not our usual standard of service and I have shared your feedback with the Grill Manager for her to action.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa in near future to redeem ourselves in your eyes. Should you be planning another visit to Apex City Quay Hotel please contact myself ahead of booking so I may oversee your reservation with us.

Best Wishes