“terrible service, food cooked from frozen!”
Review of The Westport Bar

The Westport Bar
Ranked #192 of 389 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed 4 February 2014

my friend ordered the vegie burger, when it came it was black with burned flakes and u were able to hit the bun on the table like a rock! we showed the only waitress this she said what do u want me to do! ok then it was clear she wasent bothered. i had the chicken breast burger which was a dry slab of chicken again on a solid bun so i said agsin my bun is also hard she said thats coz we grill them! not had a bad meal yet but i got no customer service and it was just us in the 2 hrs we were there!! wont be going back.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Terrible waited over half a hour for chips and few snacks.... Waitress couldn't work till ... No food arrived so we asked t speak t manager and were told she was to busy so got offered a refund...left hungry and disappointed .... Tried t say they were busy but only 7 people in the place

1  Thank The029
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stopped here for lunch. First time visit. Pub was fairly quiet, staff were very helpful. Beer was fine, Caledonian 80 shilling. However, the homemade beefburger I ordered was extremely disappointing. It lacked any seasoning or taste, and I had to use a lot of tomato ketchup to eat it. Something was missing - seasoning? beef? Other diners seemed to enjoy the chicken burger option, so perhaps I was just unlucky.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Had another voucher from Groupon which meant that it's good value for money. The food was better than last time we visited, the chips were cooked all the way through and the burgers tasted better.

1  Thank PartTimer33
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Never been to Westport Bar before for lunch but bought a voucher from Groupon, 2 burgers for £5. Frist impressions, comfortable clean bar, staff were very friendly and although pub was quite busy we didn't need to wait long for drinks, which were brought to our table. I ordered chicken burger and partner ordered cajun chicken panina. Again food was served quite quick considering the amount of people eating. Having read a previous review I was a bit concerned about the food but the chicken breast in a bun was excellent, much better than other pubs that serve processed chicken in breacrumbs. Panini was good too, the cajun chicken again was chicken breast with an added spice. Traditional pub grub which we will certainly return for.