“Nandos Dundee”

Nando's
Ranked #149 of 392 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Had a family meal out - 2nd time here, service & food excellent - good value for money- definitely a convert for Nandos

Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I have visited a Nandos before in Canterbury near the Royal Dockyard and it was excellent. However I can't remember the chickens being so small or it being as expensive as it was at this new one in Dundee. I was really looking forward to eating there but although the food was OK and the service fine I won't be returning in a hurry.

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

We have visited Nandos all over the UK and my husband loves them.
He was super excited to find one was opening near us. Last time we went, there was an hour and 15 mins wait so we didn't manage to eat there.
Tonight we got in no bother, restaurant is lovely. Decorated in a trendy warehouse style. Seated right away. Given menus.
I decided on the portobello mushroom and cheese wrap some butternut squash mash and a cloudy lemonade.
Husband goes up to order and comes back. 'no mushrooms, they've run out'
Run out of mushrooms!?!?! Ok. I'll have the veggie burger wrap then.
He comes back again. 'no cloudy lemonade, they've run out'
Sprite then!!!! Who'd have thought it could be so hard.
The next 20 mins was spent watching everyone around us being served their food. And watching the staff flirting with each other and guzzling juice behind the cash desk (none of them could be over 25)
Even people who'd come in ten mins after us had their food. It was 16.25 when we ordered, at 16.45 I went up to ask where our food was....
Oh, weren't you told there would be a delay? Eh no!!!!!!
Oh, we are waiting on the veggie burgers to come up, they get cooked downstairs......
Eh really? Is that far away then?!?!
At 17.00 the food eventually turned up. 35 mins for two wraps.
To be honest the food is fine, the building is lovely and if you want a coke and chicken you'll be in and out in no time.
If you want a bit of customer service and anything other than chicken go somewhere else......

Reviewed 24 November 2012

My daughter ( 14) was keen to try out Nando's, so off we went. The restaurant is busy, quirky decorations and the menu is easy to understand. Chicken or veggie options with the odd beef option.
I had the double chicken wrap with fried, DD had the veggie bean burger with fries. 2 drinks from the fountain where you serve yourself free refills of less than gassy draught juice.
The food was tasty but there is not a lot of it for what you get.
Main meals were £23.90, an additional two desserts which had to be ordered at the till were £8. DD couldn't finish the chocolate cheesecake though normally anything chocolate would disappear rapidly.
No member of staff came to check everything was good with our food, though when we ordered or paid they were pleasant enough.
The layout of the restaurant isn't ideal if you're not stick thin - going back and forth to collect drinks/place order/collect your own cutlery(!) there just isn't enough room to get past fellow diners.

Feel a bit let down by this, won't be back, I'll be going to Papa Joe's round the corner instead - half the price and wider choice, with proper waitress service.

2  Thank ailuro
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very over priced food especially as it is just fast food. Couldn't believe it whenthey served me up half a pitta bread and chicken when it cost,including vat, over £9.00. My husband ordered a double chicken wrap which was just a wrap with very little chicken in it cut in half and that cost over £13.00. Also the menu said served with salad but all we got was a fer lettuce leaves inside wrap/ half pitta! What a rip off,wont be back. We could have had a lovely meal elsewhere for the money we spent in Nandos and we were out in 40 mins and had to place our own order at till. Very disappointing.

2  Thank kerry r