“Food is awful!”

Grosvenor Casino Dundee
Ranked #32 of 80 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: Grosvenor Casino Dundee is a vibrant and diverse leisure destination which boasts an a la carte restaurant, late night bar and sports lounge, The casino also offers an extensive gaming experience, with numerous Roulette (including electronic terminals), Blackjack & Poker tables, plus popular Slot machines to ensure all your gaming needs are met for all level of player. Find us in the heart of the city where we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have free car parking for our customers on Brown Street and we'll be happy to validate your car parking ticket.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Food is awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We went for a meal with friends and for a few drinks. I wish we hadn't! The food was mediocre to say the least. My friend's meal was burnt and was sent back . Our food was poor and when we complained the chef came out and his manner was hostile and aggressive to say the least! We then heard him shouting expletives about us from the kitchen! We asked for the manager who said he would speak to him but not much of a genuine apology was given. This place is guaranteed custom due to the 24hr license so they obviously don't care about giving good customer service. Honestly, avoid eating there -the food is awful and the chef was a disgrace!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Nexthol

Dundee, Scotland
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Grade F Casino”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Dundee's one and now only casino however, it has greatly gone downhill since the grand opening! Having been a member for years, the most recent visit greatly upset me and I am considering not going back due to it!

On arrival, bouncers asked to see our identification which we happily showed only to be questioned about its authenticity! I had to show my provisional, both my college and university identity card, my bank card...basically everything I had with my name on it! After convincing them we finally got inside only for the staff on the desk to not acknowledge us at all, it took us another five minutes to get in the establishment! We also noticed a group of apparently drunk men playing with the lift which we thought was a bit annoying considering people were waiting to genuinely use it!

However, we were glad to get to the actual casino and decided to have a nice little meal since we had had a busy night celebrating. I asked for a plain burger and chips however, I got a burger covered in sauce so I informed the member of staff who I felt was rude as she seemed to look down on me for asking her to get my actual order. Two minutes later, she came back with the same burger which just seemed to have been scraped of the sauce! Grudgingly I ate it however, I did not enjoy it and felt really upset that this establishment I used to love visiting would be so rude; what if I was allergic to the sauce and didn't notice they had just scraped it?

Deciding to treat myself, I decided to have a hot chocolate as G Casino DOES DO the BEST HOT CHOCOLATE! It was lovely until a friend got kicked out for "being too drunk" which was a great shock considering they had only had one alcoholic drink! I asked the man throwing him out what was happening as this was my friend and they flung me out too without explaining what had happened. According to my friend, there had been a bit of an argument in the toilets with another male customer but I can't say for sure since I hadn't been there! I was just upset the member of staff couldn't have simply explained to us why this had happened.

Overall, I was greatly upset by my visit and just can't believe an establishment I used to love so much could treat customers so poorly! Perhaps it was just a bad night however, regardless of the reason I can't give the casino anything but a poor review. If you do go to the casino, I do hope your visit is far better than the experience I have recently received!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Jfizzable
Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No entertainment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

The venue is very central but a problem for access for taxis. Currently no week-end entertainment. The bar is often not manned when you go for a drink, the push seems to be to have the staff going around to see if anyone wants a drink thereby leaving the bar unmanned. Good access for wheelchair users.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Purdie47
Dundee, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“24 hour experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

A friendly entertainment spot in the heart of Dundee.
We dont use the gaming tables but the food and night out venue is excellent.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chris8292
Leicester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent Ambience. Dont take too much Cash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Nice place. Bar area very nice and a cool chill out area where the Casoni pay people to do some performances. They have some good quality tables and lots of computer controlled ones too. Nice card room and always got some cash poker games on and tournaments most nights. A good size crowd and friendly. Shame about the roof top smoking area that was closed down. Now you have to go out for a smoke. Apart from that all good.

Visited August 2012