“Overpriced and stale”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I went for lunch with a friend and ordered a cheese and ham sandwich, which came with crisps and salad. The cheese was grated and very limited however the ham was nice. The crisps were more resembling nachos and were extremely stale. The food was not cheap and there was next to no service: not once were we asked how our meals were. I won’t be back.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I luckily found Madigan's after a disaster with a failed booking elsewhere, resulting in me almost missing out on an afternoon tea birthday treat, however we went to Madigan's on the off-chance and couldn't be happier - what a great place!

We went to Madigan's around 2pm after being badly let down by the tearoom we intended going to initially, to see if there was any chance of afternoon tea without having booked previously. The lovely young lady said not a problem and to return at 2.30pm which was when they started, so we killed half an hour and returned to a warm and comfortable booth, chose our preferred tea from a very extensive range and also our sandwich fillings.

Well, the presentation and calibre of sandwiches, scones and cakes was excellent and we both loved the quirky individual teapots. Everything was very fresh, delicious and just the right quantity - and the lemon cake was the lightest we'd ever tried, very tasty too.

All in all I can't recommend or praise Madigan's enough - the welcome, the surroundings, the service and quality is all excellent. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The breakfast was amazing. The cake and tea were great. The staff were lovely. I will be going back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I occasionally nip in for lunch and have always had a wonderful experience; the staff are always so friendly and the food is great. I brought my mum in for lunch last Saturday (21/07) and had such outstanding customer service that I've pretty much told everyone I know about my experience. I had heard great things about these bubble waffles so when I was in last Sat, I thought I'd give it a try.
From the moment we walked in, we were greeted with warmth and friendliness, which has always been the case with every other visit. There was a little bit of a wait for the bubble waffle machine to warm up which wasn't much of a big deal for me as I work with the public and I understand that these things happen and are out of our control at times, so a bit of waiting doesn't bother me too much, it just meant I got a little bit more time to catch up with my mum! So, as the girl brings us our order, she told me that because of the wait she had taken the bubble waffle off the bill, which was incredibly kind and a nice wee surprise too. It was literally the highlight of my day and it's just goes to show that the staff are always thinking about going that extra mile to give customers an amazing experience.
I think it was the best experience I think I've ever had going out for something to eat! This is definitely one of the best places in Dundee for food. Keep doing what you're all doing, there are so many people who appreciate it! :)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times for breakfast. Bacon sandwiches are lovely, Plenty bacon. Cakes are also really good. Staff are very friendly.

Date of visit: April 2018