“Excellent value and great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dundee Karting - CLOSED

Dundee Karting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a real life race experience on the East Coast of Scotland’s #1 Track Housed in a huge 55,000 sq ft arena the track is wide and fast which offers you lots of high speed thrills as you race 4 karts side by side, testing the limits of the karts handling. Push the pedal to the metal with a stunning combination of flat out straights, fast flowing corners and demanding hairpins on which a race can be won or lost! Between races you can enjoy the great viewing terrace, fresh Italian Coffee, and experience Scotland’s largest indoor tactical laser tag arena Combat City
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent value and great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went with family to the jarring and from the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcome had a ball and the Marshall's were very friendly , will definitely be back again .

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rosscopeco13

Broughty Ferry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Expensive and a bit of a shambles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Organised a grand prix for a works night out, heats were all mixed up after qualifying, no winner announced at the end and we never knew what was going on throughout. The karts differ greatly in set up and speed so it's never a fair race. Most of the group left disappointed and would not go back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jeff L
John K, General Manager at Dundee Karting, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about your review. I had some trouble finding your disclaimer and event on the system which was actually June this year.

Firstly the mixing up after qualifying would have been explained to you in your driver briefing. The event you had was a mini grand prix 1 event which includes a 10 lap qualifier and a 14 lap final. There was 13 of you in for the event which means you would have been split in to two groups with all the odd number drivers out for the first qualifier and then all the even numbered drivers to follow. The timing system then takes the top fastest drivers of the first qualifier and the top fastest drivers from the second qualifier and puts them into the top final with all other drivers going into a second final. This would have been explained to you in your driver briefing and I have 14 signatures saying that you listened and understood the driver briefing. The reason for this is that one of your party turned up half an hour late and took part in the event, but only the final while one driver pulled out of the event half way through to allow this other colleague a chance to race. Our timing system does not allow for us to set up custom events for people who come in halfway through the event and this mix up and change of drivers could have caused confusion however there is always a driver presentation and I have no way of speaking to the race director who ran your event as it was months ago and he no longer works for the company.

With regards to the karts I can tell you that all the karts are within 1 second of each other in terms of lap times and are tested by our marshals and mechanic every week. There are other things that come into play like weight of the driver, fuel levels and the handling of the karts is purely down to how new the tyres are. These are replaced every month at different times depending on wear levels. We try and make the karts as balanced as possible but I cannot speed karts up when a heavier person is on and slow them down for lighter people as this is not feasible.

With regards to the cost I can tell you that our prices are less than our nearest competitors and we have a larger track.

I am sorry I cannot investigate your complaint in more detail however you have waited almost four months to make your complaint and it is not fresh in my staffs memories. If you were unhappy with the running of your event then you should have informed us as soon as possible after your event in order to give me the chance to investigate, take appropriate action with my staff and reimburse you if I felt you were robbed of a good night out.

Regards
Dundee, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“12 year old son loves this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Visited with my son, looking for something to do on a rainy day...used trip advisor to find somewhere interesting to go and ended up here! My son loved it!!!
Lots of waiting around, waiting on your allocated slot coming round but they appear big on safety and I really couldn't fault the place.
Well done on bringing a much needed venue like this to Dundee, I for one well definitely be back.

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Dundee Karting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Came through to dundee from Edinburgh for a lads day/night out. We arrived at dundee karting and the facility was terrific, staff so helpful. After safety briefing we got on the track and the karts were brilliant, really fast and the track was excellent fun! It is expensive but as a group well worth the cash

Visited September 2013
Aberdeen
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I went here as part of a stag group (party of 11) we all really enjoyed ourselves. We were split into two groups as the maximum amount of karts aloud on the track at any one time are 10. There was a practice session, time trial session and then a race. Good fun!

Visited August 2013