“One of the best massages ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yu Spa

Yu Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Dundee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best massages ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I treated my mum to a spa day here and I also used a gift voucher I'd received for my birthday. We had a lovely relaxing morning using the facilities. I loved the wooden jacuzzi and was great that there were the 2 alternating. We had a lovely lunch in the restaurant and then we both had an aromatherapy back, neck and shoulder massage. We were both very impressed by the therapists and found them to be very thoughtful and providing a very high standard. I have to say regarding my therapist, Natalie. I found her to be very considerate. I am a nurse and had sustained a recent back injury and she immediately asked me regarding the injury and that she would treat this with a heated wheatgerm roll. She was very knowledgeable regarding the oils and she is very enthusiastic with regards to what she does and appears to thoroughly enjoy what she does and ensures that the clients receive the very highest of treatments. I must admit I enjoy a very deep massage so when Natalie asked if I enjoyed the pressure I was very happy with the pressure she was applying. I have had many massages over the years and have to say that this was one of the best I have ever had and I am most certainly going to return! Just have to hint for another gift voucher for my birthday!! thank you again Natalie!

Visited June 2014
AngelaME8123GW, Manager at Yu Spa, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review. We really appreciate our clients taking the time to write about their experience. Natalie is delighted with your feedback and happy that you enjoyed your experience so much. We do try to tailor all of the treatments to each client as everyone has such varied needs. We do think this is very important and we really focus on this. After all, treatments are supposed to help balance the body and are not just for pampering purposes. Although that is a fabulous effect also!!

We hope to see you back at Yu Spa soon. If you are planning a return visit and would like to request Natalie, please book well in advance as she is in demand!!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Blissful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

First we had an early lunch in the restaurant then a wonderful 'time out' experience in the Yu Spa. Rachael was my therapist and she was absolutely brilliant, so good at the whole 'time out'. The massage and facial were blissful and I could hear myself snore a few times as I was so relaxed!! My friend and I were so chilled out after the sessions and would HIGHLY recommend it as a special treat to yourself. Amazing!

Visited June 2014
AngelaME8123GW, Manager at Yu Spa, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your lovely comments. Rachael is delighted with your feedback and thanks you for taking the time to leave a review. The therapists hear people snoring all of the time so don't worry about that!! We hope you are planning your next trip for some "me time" at Yu Spa!

Dundee, United Kingdom
“shoulder neck and back massage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a very relaxing experience from the moment I entered at reception. I have a sight problem and found them to be ver helpful in form filling and Jacky who gave me the massage was excellent asking if I was getting the right pressure of massage that I wanted. The aftercare after my treatment could not be better with no one rushing you. I would not hesitate to go back

Visited May 2014
AngelaME8123GW, Manager at Yu Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
HI Christine,

Thank you for leaving us a review following your recent visit. I am delighted to hear of the personal attention you received from Jacky and that you enjoyed the massage. I am surprised to see that you have rated us so low. Is there any feedback that you can give us that can help us to improve this rating?

Angela
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Spent the morning in yu spa's pool and saunas great couple of hours before our treatments unfortunately the hot tubs weren't working that day but the staff were kind enough and even offered us to go back when these problems were fixed so can't fault them on that as these things happen although the staff dealt with it in a professional manner.
Cannot Sing my praises enough for the ladies working in the treatment rooms doing the massages they make you feel very welcomed and the massage I received was just what the doctor ordered! Will defiantly be back for more treatments soon! Great jobs ladies!

AngelaME8123GW, Manager at Yu Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Leighann,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit recently. Unfortunately from time to time, we do encounter problems with our facilities and we are sorry that this was the case on your visit. I am however happy to hear that this was dealt with professionally and that you left happy. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please give us a call before your visit so that we can schedule your return visit into the diary.

Angela
Yu Spa Manager
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had booked the discover yu package! I would definitely recommend it as a little taster! I took advantage of the back massage, my therapist was Rachael who was extremely professional and knowledgeable I could feel the improvement in my back instantly. My mum who is a novice to these things and quite shy enjoyed her facial. Her therapist was Kirsty who took extra care and attention to make someone nervous feel at ease. The lunch at the end was an unexpected delight the food and service were excellent! Will definitely be back to yu spa and to the metro!

Visited May 2014
AngelaME8123GW, Manager at Yu Spa, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hi Francesca,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all of the feedback we get but it is especially rewarding seeing great reviews and ratings that we continually receive from our clients. It is also so nice of you to recognise your therapists individually and we will certainly feed this back to them. We think it's also important to share your experiences so that potential clients can see what kind of service is the norm for us. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!