Malmaison Dundee
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Fisherman's Tavern Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
US$57
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$98
Priceline
US$90
US$81
Priceline
US$133
Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$98
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$106
1,502 results
All reviewsclub roommal barinner courtdennis the menacemini barcontinental breakfastafternoon teaitison dealstunning hotelsunday lunchroll top bathriver viewan upgradeeggs benedictcar parkwaiting staffbuilding site
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We took advantage of an itison voucher and paid £79 bed breakfast with a bottle of champagne! There's no car park at the hotel but there's a car park 5 mins away.
The hotel is very stylish and our room was large with good storage space, huge bathroom with nice toiletries. The artwork was very quirky, picture of Dennis the menace above the bed, the bed itself was very comfortable. We are in the restaurant and it was very busy but food was good and service was good considering how busy they were.
Plenty of bars around the area so the location is excellent. Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kags09
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great to see an iconic building being transformed into a first class hotel.

Stunning interior staircase and furnishings, very chic.

Rooms very comfortable in comparison to other hotel chains. Comfy beds, excellent standard of fittings & furnishings. We were allocated room 317 and although you could hear live music from pub below we still enjoyed a peaceful evening.

Restaurant is excellent as is food and service. We were treated with a personal and friendly approach from staff. We chose from the Pre Fixe menu and were not disappointed, scrumptious! Cocktails were fantastic and we recommend the Mojito and Rum barrel. We also enjoyed a nightcap in the Mal bar with ability to sit and chat whilst listening to resident DJ!

The only problem we encountered was our room keys. On two occasions we went back to our room only to find both keys didn't work. After a couple of trips up and down to reception they eventually resolved this and gave us one key back.

At time of booking we decided to go with one the "Offers" that included a 3 course meal and cocktail. We were offered breakfast at check in and staff were reluctant to cancel this in the morning when we decided we didn't need a full breakfast. So...advice is don't decide on breakfast until morning. That said we usually do enjoy breakfast and on this occasion chose not too.

In summary a nice stay in very nice hotel. Would we return? Yes.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for a night in the exciting new Malmaison Dundee. First off it's great to see the renovation of what was once a grand hotel in Dundee but had sadly fallen into a state of disrepair and dereliction. The first impressions of the hotel are great as soon as you walk in the lobby entrance. Right from the off the most impressive feature of this hotel, despite its grandeur is the exceptional quality of the customer service from the staff. Absolutely every member of staff throughout my stay was exceptional and every interaction with each one was unique and genuine. Having literally had first class service when flying I can confidently say that first class service perhaps doesn't even do the staff here justice. Having read other trip advisor reviews I have to say I had reservations about my stay - though I have stayed at other Malmaison's and have greatly enjoyed my stays with them though again I have to emphasise the customer service at Dundee even exceeded these other stays - with everything from lethargic disinterested staff to extremely long waits for food that turned out to be disappointing.

After checking in and spending a little time in the room which itself was lovely and will have fantastic views over the river and waterfront once the construction work has been completed my partner and I went downstairs to have a drink at the bar before our meal. The staff were friendly and helpful, the door to the bar was opened for us and we were served quickly after sitting down. Nuts were brought to our table and within 10 minutes we were enjoying a delicious cocktail each. After that we proceeded to the Brasserie were we enjoyed an exceptional meal and a lovely bottle of wine which one of the waiters who seemed very knowledgeable chatted to us about and about his experiences and preferences for a few minutes. The meal itself was perfectly cooked and everything came out promptly with nothing taking more than 15 minutes but without feeling rushed either allowing us time to enjoy the atmospheric dining. I particularly liked the wall lamps that were made out of cutlery which was very clever. All the food was greatly enjoyed and came out at appropriate temperatures and perfectly cooked and all the ingredients were fresh and of great quality. I really could not fault a single thing about dinner. The next morning we arose to have breakfast which again was fantastic. Our cooked breakfast order came out in a good amount of time and again was delicious! The continental buffet was also great and well stocked throughout the time we were there. In brief the dinner, stay and breakfast were all fantastic. I would also note the hotel and room were also completely spotless.

I really am not sure how some other people have had such bad experiences even recently as I would hope they were getting over any teething problems by now and certainly our stay was exceptional. I wish I could pick out one member of staff as being above the others but in truth the standard of every member I encountered was above and beyond what could be expected and any one of those staff would stand out in another hotel or restaurant. I would definitely recommend this hotel and it's Brasserie so please don't be put off by some of the other reviews and give it a chance! It really is a unique addition to the city whether simply for drinks, elegant dining or a fantastic getaway and reprieve. One thing seems certain you will most certainly be well looked after and made to feel special!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Anon9856
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Myself and daughter stayed here on Friday for a total chill out girls day. I requested a room with a bath to chill out and the receptionist changed our room without any fuss. The hotel is lovely. The rooms are big with a very spacious bathroom and everything smells so new and the products in the bathroom smell lovely. We had a side view of the Tay and a little window seat to take in the view. As we had champagne in the room as part of a deal we were on we didn't go to the bar although it was bubbles Friday and there were millions of little bubbles going past our window which was great fun. There was a lot of variety at breakfast and it was really tasty. The staff are really nice and friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosslyn G
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for one night last week and was really pleased I did. It had been a long week on the road and to arrive at a proper hotel makes all the difference. Mal have a knack of getting their rooms just right. Even their small rooms feel 'cozy' and not tiny.
The lighting, furnishings and fabrics used throughout the property are crisp and coordinate. The staff are ok, they could give a little more energy but having met the Manager Angus was pleased that he was very '5 star' in his approach. This brand would fit in very well in the Middle East. Breakfast offering was excellent. Location is great too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business