Malmaison Dundee
US$66
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$78
Apex Hotels
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Restaurant
US$111
US$104
Priceline
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$71
Priceline
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
1,513 results
All reviewsclub roommal barinner courtdennis the menacemini barcontinental breakfastafternoon teaitison dealstunning hotelsunday lunchroll top bathriver viewan upgradeeggs benedictcar parkwaiting staffbuilding site
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Came in for a nosy really and ended up staying for a couple of drinks.

The décor in the bar isn't really to my taste but it is very plush and comfortable. The staff are friendly and though very busy we didn't have to wait too long.

I ordered a marguerita, and at £8.50 I was a little apprehensive, I needn't have worried it was delicious, so much so I had another. My companion said his beer was very good too.

Yes it is pricey, but it was a lovely treat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank out4theday
Michael N, Manager at Malmaison Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hi out4theday,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to Malbar and the cocktail lived up to its price! Our cocktail list is a particular point of pride for us and we take pride in our reputation as the cocktail destination in the city.

Hopefully we will see you back with a salty margarita in hand soon!

Many thanks

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights recently on a Friday & Saturday night. The staff were very welcoming & friendly on arrival. The room was lovely and very relaxing in the morning, where we lay in bed & read the papers. The bar was a great place if you were there for a quiet drink or with a group of friends. The continental breakfast was very nice, but I'm not sure it's worth £13.90 each. We were asked on arrival which bottle of wine we wanted as we had booked a deal which included it, but we were not given this in the room or on departure

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yamas1

Hello yamas1,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback on your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our central location. I am concerned that you didn't receive the bottle of wine that you were entitled to with your package. I would appreciate if you could give me a call at the hotel to discuss this and make sure that this is rectified.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked for one night, easily found the hotel. Handy car park close to main door which was not too expensive and was free after 6pm. Check in was fast and very friendly. Room was lovely, I like it being dark. My only comments about the room was that there was no vanity mirror in the room and the rooms can get quite hot but there is a control in the room. Other than that it was excellent. Large comfortable bed, fluffy quilt and high quality linen. Cocktails in the Mal Bar were great and had been included in our price the first night and the second night they included 'Bubble Time' in our price (champagne and nibbles). Bar service was always quick and friendly. Prices were not too bad with cocktails being around £8.Great nights sleep and upgraded breakfast for £2 and had a cooked breakfast which was lovely. Left the hotel went to the car park and then decided that we had enjoyed the stay so much we would go back and stay another night. Lady on reception was lovely when we asked about another night, she upgraded our room and included the champagne cocktails for the same price as we had paid the previous night. Lovely gesture!
Gorgeous hotel, gives you the feeling of being in a different era when you use the amazing staircase. Rooms are spotless and sumptuous. Service is seamless and very friendly. You really do get a feeling of being looked after. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and we certainly will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alex J

Hi Alex J,

Thank you for all of your kind words. We are all about style and service at Malmaison and it is great to hear that it has come across in your experience.

I'm sure we will see you again for another night.....or 2!!!

Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had one night with an itison voucher which included an overnight stay, dinner and a cocktail each. Live in Broughty Ferry and thought why not?!!! Staff were exceptionally helpful, kind and caring.(I'd hurt my leg after a fall) . Enjoyed the food and Mal Plonk!! So drinkable and reasonably priced £17.50.
The room was more than adequate, big comfortable king sized bed in a reasonable sized room with a shower room that had a huge shower.
We had a view of the river as it was a corner room. A bit concerned when we opened the window as there were no safety features eg a rail?
Would definitely go back for a meal.
Highly recommend the whole experience.

Room Tip: Wouldn't pay extra for a room with a view of river at the moment as there is a lot of building work going on. Will be worth it when finished!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank matjDundee

Hi Matjdundee,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience so much. We really pride ourselves on our people and I am so glad that it translates into a great experience for you!

Look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Upon our arrival, we were upgraded to a suite...it was lovely! Very chic and HUGE! The showers were brilliant and the room was well stocked with coffees, snacks and magazines. We enjoyed our cocktails in the malbar, although at first the service took ages, a friendly waitress seemed to be on hand with nibbles and drinks quickly afterwards! The meal in the brasserie was quite expensive but in saying that, faultless! With a good atmosphere.
We'd love to stay at this hotel again and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alex T

Hello Alex T

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad you had a great time with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Many thanks,