“Sunday lunch amazing! - ovenight stay - OK”
Review of Malmaison Dundee

Malmaison Dundee
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch amazing! - ovenight stay - OK”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My partner and I had sunday lunch here a few weeks ago and it was amazing! the chefs table had a good selection, roast beef main course was fab and dessert was also great! I had a cocktail(pina colada) as good as the cocktails you get in las vegas!!!
We then stayed a few nights ago for my birthday, the hotel is stunning and the rooms are lovely!! theaircon wasnt working so the heat in the room was pretty HOT! but we should have mentioned this and it would have taken care of I would imagine! the staff at reception were great and totally clued up for a speedy check in! one thing I would say is AVOID the pate unless you LOVE strong garlic and I mean STRONG!! I make pate a lot at home but this wa making me queasy! I mentioned to the waitress she told me it was something to do with truffle oil (load of rubbish)
apart from the awful pate everything else was SPOT ON!! and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
East Kilbride
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we went for a weekend break to Dundee, took this on a secret escapes deal. Price for us was fine. I arrived at 00.45 and the bar was sitll open and had no problem serving me. The room was superb, clean tidy and bathroom was huge. The only "downer" was bed size, they had a standard double, i'd have placed a King size in this room. It was fine, but larger please. Room air con was good and view from the window over the Tay was superb. Currently construction work going on outside, but its livable with. The room was well above the average. Breakfast was superb and 15/10 for the breakfast deal, basic continental, upgrade to cooked for £2 SUPERB, i had Eggs benedict one day full Mal the next, both were of high quality. Breakfast staff were attentive and helpful. Bar staff at night were good. We eat out so cant comment on the restaurant. For a weekend break, please try it. its a good base to see Dundee. We came by trian soc ant comment on parking.

Room Tip: i think they still find their feet as regards audience, so try it, it was for me a good weekend base...
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night away with my partner. Bang in dundee city centre, The building is beautiful, real architectural gold. It has the most amazing semi circular stair case heading up to the bed rooms. The rooms were beautiful, comfy and clean and there was a fantastic selection of snacks and chilled drinks available from the (all be it over priced) mini bar. And the rooms have air con which is amazing because it was swelteringly hot when we stayed. The staff are so nice and polite. The only small complaint would be the continental breakfast. The selection was very very limited, all though they have lovely tasty things. If your coeliac or GI I would recommend informing the hotel first in regards to your meal! In saying that, we were offered an upgrade to cooked breakfast for about £3 each. The breakfast staff again were lovely and went out of their way to satisfy my odd requests! I'd definitely stay again and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something luxury in dundee!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ami B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you're looking for a great place to stay then don't look any further, the hotel is gorgeous, rooms are immaculate and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Best hotel we have used in a long time. Well done Malmaison Dundee

1 Thank Ymcg123
Dundee
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night. Room was awesome, great views of the city, the Tay and the Law. They also threw in a lovely bottle of fizz. Was a small supplement to upgrade to cooked breakfast (£3) but it was well worth it. Looking forward to going back, cant wait to see it once the Waterfront is completed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheDuke1979
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stopped off here as my car was being serviced first thing following morning.
We had evening meal, was was very good.
A few cocktails afterwards.
Good standard all round.
Planning to go back within next few months.

2 Thank Kaybe_1200
Dundee
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a meal in the brasserie and would say overall that the food and drink was average and extremely overpriced for the quality. We both had steaks which were tough and grissely and at £32 each you would expect a side dish! The service was not great either. Wrong drinks brought to our table on two occasions and no water on the table. Whole experience sloppy. Extremely unimpressed and not worth of the 10% discretionary service charge! Will not be back.

• Stayed July 2014