“Top stay”
Review of Malmaison Dundee

Malmaison Dundee
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a fabulous two night stay here. The room was on the top floor to the back so we had views to the river, the railway bridge across it and the law. The room had most things catered for. The only downside was the bar at the back was very noisy until the early hours and the windows aren't soundproof enough! The breakfast was excellent would definitely recommend it. Be better when all the road works are done. We visited broughty ferry for the day, nice shopping and bars. £9 in a taxi worth a visit.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sadie201034
Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

As soon as you walk in you are greeted into what I can only decribe as heaven!! A relaxed atmosphere very helpful friendly staff! We did not eat as we were away for a family meal so cannot comment on the food. Our room was a riverside view double room. Peaceful relaxing decoration is very nice everything we needed was already in the room. The bed was the most comfy bed I have slept in. Then you go into the bathroom where there is a good sized bath and a seperate shower cubicle with the best shower again I have ever had. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and would highly recommend a visit.

Big thanks to the Malmaison staff for making our night one to remember

Chelsey Wilson

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a riverside view its beautiful and quiet
1  Thank Chels80
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Situated next to major road works in DND, makes it difficult to reach by car. Best idea is to park at the Gellately Street multi storey car park, a five minute walk to hotel. We parked the car from 15:00 until 10:00 the next morning, cost was £4.90, a bargain.The hotel is in a splendid building with a great bar and brasserie. From our arrival the staff were helpful, the room was comfortable, however air conditioning in room not the greatest. Food in the brasserie well presented, served. In the morning there is a continental breakfast but for a few pounds more cooked items can be added. Once the building/roadworks are completed this will be a classy addition to Dundee. You can walk from the hotel to HMS Discovery in a few minutes

Room Tip: Avoid the higher floors if possible
1  Thank snei
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a nice time. Overall, the hotel is very trendy. If that's what you are looking for then this is the place for you. It's clear they spent a lot of money on bells and whistles such as velvet walls in the elevator- not particularly what I favor in a hotel. I think the hotel administration favors trendiness over amenities. There's no fitness center, no pool, no bell hops to help with luggage, etc. We had gotten a standard room, which is very small. The bed is also tiny as well. The rooms are extremely dark. We had to speak to staff and after one night in the standard room, they upgraded us- free of charge. That was good service.

We have very high standards when it comes to hotel accommodations. This just wasn't what I usually seek in hotels.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My partner and I had sunday lunch here a few weeks ago and it was amazing! the chefs table had a good selection, roast beef main course was fab and dessert was also great! I had a cocktail(pina colada) as good as the cocktails you get in las vegas!!!
We then stayed a few nights ago for my birthday, the hotel is stunning and the rooms are lovely!! theaircon wasnt working so the heat in the room was pretty HOT! but we should have mentioned this and it would have taken care of I would imagine! the staff at reception were great and totally clued up for a speedy check in! one thing I would say is AVOID the pate unless you LOVE strong garlic and I mean STRONG!! I make pate a lot at home but this wa making me queasy! I mentioned to the waitress she told me it was something to do with truffle oil (load of rubbish)
apart from the awful pate everything else was SPOT ON!! and I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

we went for a weekend break to Dundee, took this on a secret escapes deal. Price for us was fine. I arrived at 00.45 and the bar was sitll open and had no problem serving me. The room was superb, clean tidy and bathroom was huge. The only "downer" was bed size, they had a standard double, i'd have placed a King size in this room. It was fine, but larger please. Room air con was good and view from the window over the Tay was superb. Currently construction work going on outside, but its livable with. The room was well above the average. Breakfast was superb and 15/10 for the breakfast deal, basic continental, upgrade to cooked for £2 SUPERB, i had Eggs benedict one day full Mal the next, both were of high quality. Breakfast staff were attentive and helpful. Bar staff at night were good. We eat out so cant comment on the restaurant. For a weekend break, please try it. its a good base to see Dundee. We came by trian soc ant comment on parking.

Room Tip: i think they still find their feet as regards audience, so try it, it was for me a good weekend base...
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for a night away with my partner. Bang in dundee city centre, The building is beautiful, real architectural gold. It has the most amazing semi circular stair case heading up to the bed rooms. The rooms were beautiful, comfy and clean and there was a fantastic selection of snacks and chilled drinks available from the (all be it over priced) mini bar. And the rooms have air con which is amazing because it was swelteringly hot when we stayed. The staff are so nice and polite. The only small complaint would be the continental breakfast. The selection was very very limited, all though they have lovely tasty things. If your coeliac or GI I would recommend informing the hotel first in regards to your meal! In saying that, we were offered an upgrade to cooked breakfast for about £3 each. The breakfast staff again were lovely and went out of their way to satisfy my odd requests! I'd definitely stay again and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something luxury in dundee!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple