Malmaison Dundee
US$69
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$74
Travelocity
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
US$76
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$87
Travelocity
US$44
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$100
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$50
Travelodge
1,497 results
All reviewsclub roommal barinner courtdennis the menacemini barcontinental breakfastafternoon teaitison dealstunning hotelsunday lunchroll top bathriver viewan upgradeeggs benedictcar parkwaiting staffbuilding site
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

While The hotel looks good on the surface, scratch it and there were so many little things which I feel ruin what is meant to be a high class hotel.

There were things like the leaking ceiling in the bathroom, and several bathroom fixtures and fittings not being attached properly. It gave the impression of the hotel being almost thrown together at great haste.

Then also the service from some of the staff was good, whilst others just so - so.

The best part of the trip was the time in the hotel bar, where a very helpful and friendly bartender made us 2 amazing cocktails.

But over all I would say, they need to try smoothing over the rough edges, or else its just not worst the money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The refurb on this place is fantastic, it's great to see a once derelict building be transformed like this. the staff are all really friendly in a way that feels natural and not at all forced. Very comfortable and stylish rooms, tasty cocktails in the bar. can't wait to go back

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank A R
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have been looking forward to eating here for quite sometime so we took the opportunity to go for my wife's birthday, I love decor of the hotel and brasserie apart from the huge air con pipe that runs through, Now let me get on to Business, The food was all OK apart from our friends starter and main course her Calamari was rubbery so was overcooked, her lamb was meant to be pink but came out raw, the Wine list is in my opinion disgraceful I mean £35 for a Rioja Crianza is an outrage, We were asked if we ready to order our food before we were offered drinks and in an amazing coincidence my peppercorn sauce was nearly the exact same sauce as my wife's Stroganoff but what really bothered me was the ' Discretionary 10% Surcharge' that was applied, after speaking to several of the staff I was alarmed to hear that the staff only 3% of the surcharge which means Malmaison keeps the other 7% which I think is outrageous. On the plus side the Cocktails were stunning and made to perfection. Overall though we were left disappointed with our experience and won't be dining certainly here again however we will be back for Cocktails.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed on 11th August 2014 for an over night stay with breakfast. We were allocated room 401. Compact room that looked into three walls in the centre of the hotel. On arrival staff on reception provided a warm welcome and very helpful and knowledgeable. I did attend hotel previously for a conference and was impressed by the refurbishment of the hotel. The room at night was too hot. We had the window opened all night along with having cool extractor fan on all night. Bathroom was very hot with under flooring heating and towel rail was too hot. Heat appeared to be coming mostly from bathroom which you had no control over during the night. The room was very clean and presentable on arrival. We had cocktails in the bar area and was very impressed by the lovely décor and staff were friendly. Service within the bar was slow even although wasn't full with customers. We had breakfast in the morning within brassiere area. From what appeared to be the team leader a female with blonde hair was very efficient and friendly. She certainly had the customer service standard I would expect within Malmaison hotels. There was another brassiere staff member who I found to not be cheerful or smiling when serving your food or acknowledging. I find when visiting good quality hotels like MaImaison Hotels I expect staff all to have a consistent approach as you want your customers to have a good experience and tell others to return for a stay. Over all my stay was very good, but come on Dundee team there is room for improvement within your brassiere and bar areas regarding customer service to match your other Malmaison Hotel services. Hotel does offer good choices on their menus and drinks. It was lovely to see the hotel finally refurbished to high standard.

Room Tip: upgrade to a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

stayed 8th aug 2014 as a couple.
friendly and helpful reception staff.
paid for upgrade to a club room on the top floor. nice decor, very comfy kingsize bed. lovely shower.
no complaints - good quality for reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple