“My first stay at a Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My first stay at a budget hotel - very impressed. Staff very friendly, room very clean and comfortable. Full Freeview tv service available at no extra cost, something I have not had at much more expensive hotels. Free Wifi for 30 minutes then low-cost for full 24 hours. This particular hotel right next to the station and alongside the river, so lovely river views if you get a room on that side. I would certainly always look first for Premier Inn in future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stay in hotels quite a bit.
The Premier Inn of course is a value for money hotel but there are two reasons I am particularly fond of his hotel.
The location is perfect for visiting Dundee or as a base for a holiday in the surrounding area such as St Andrews, Glamis castle act.
The hotels location right on the silvery Tay is the perfect spot to look on on as you enjoy your supper and a wee dram.

The second reason is the staff. From the resturaunt/bar manager Craig, to the lady who runs breakfast, through to the night porter ( who tells me he has been there 16 years) what a super, friendly, professional and helpful bunch. They are a well motivated team who just click together.
I have met other staff at this hotel during my stays there and they have all been superb and put many 5 star hotel staff to shame.
Hilton hotels if you are reading this could you please send your staff up to Dundee for some training!
Keep up the good work
I

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbers123
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I've stayed here before and always found it a great location and good quality accommodation. This time was no different. Would comment Timo in the restaurant however for his wonderful service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel 13th feb 2012, and while our room had been recently refurbished and very nice (except for the strong paint smell) The rest of the hotel was undergoing major refurbishment. Every room about us to the side and above had been completely stripped, no bathrooms, walls, everything pulled out. Banging, builders shouting and very loud building noise from 8am till about 6pm. Rubble all over corridors. had to dodge builders carrying sheets of plasterboard etc. Staff couldnt have been more friendly and helpfull tho and would definately come back when building finished as hotel in a fantastic location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the river, and make sure building work finished
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue O
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

We have stayed here many time the last time being January 2012. The Premier is in the process of being refurbished however this did not interrupt our stay. I would thoroughly recommend this Premier. Friendly staff, cleanliness and a great central place to stay. Our room overlooked the water and was extremely relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn Dundee Discovery quay for 2 nights whilst visiting family. The room was clean and quiet overlooking the river which was very nice. Sadly the heating did not work, but as there was a portable heater in the room, we used that throughout our stay. Restaurant staff were fabulous and very attentive. Shelley was our waitress at dinner on our first nights stay and she was just awesome, nothing was too much trouble for her. What a gem she is in a big organisation, whatever you are paying her is not any where near enough!!! You should be proud of her Premier Inn!! The only letdown during our stay was the pillows which were far too soft, so I did not sleep at all during our stay and was kind of glad to be back home to my own bed to get a sleep! There was no point in complaining to staff as they are not able to do anything about the firmness of the pillows. My husband and daughter also said they did not like how soft the pilows were. I would definitely stay there again but next time take my own pillows with me.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Had an overnight stay in Dundee Premier Inn - daughter had university interview. Hotel is in good location beside train station, five minutes from city centre and ten from the university. The staff were welcoming and went out of their way to be helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and value for money. The restaurant had lovely views and the food good and very reasonably priced. If I'm back in Dundee I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family