“Great!”

Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Very modern room, staff were very friendly and helpful and restaurant was great! There was work going on in the same corridor as my room but this didn't cause any disruption for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Vickie S, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us at Dundee West Premier Inn and also that our refurbishment did not disrupt your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dundee West Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We booked this on 23rd Jan for a stay on 16 Feb for half term break. No mention at time of booking or on confirmation that work would be taking place. No mention on check in at reception that work was taking place. We went to our room around 16.30 to look at our shopping purchases and settle down to watch the football at 18.00 before dinner. By 17.50 I had complained to reception regarding the constant noise, sawing, banging of workmen directly above our room. She never apologised, told me work was going on 8am-8pm but told me it would stop when they started to red up within 45 minutes. It didn't stop until near 19.40. Our heads were thumping.

We went to the restaurant and it was first class. Our waiter Gary was excellent, not intrusive but friendly and there when you needed him. We shared the combo as a started which was excellent, then I had the steak - just lovely. We could not have any pudding as we were all stuffed. We went back to the room and settled for the night.

As it was half term break and we had our teenage son we looked forward to a longer lie than a work day. No such luck. At 8am it felt like the roof was going to collapse as the workmen started with earnest. We were very rudely awoken. Within the hour we were showered and ready to head home for a rest.

I asked to speak to the Duty Manager, and Graeme was very pleasant. The rooms being refurbished were directly above our room and there was nowhere else for us to move to apparently. He apologised and listened to my complaints understanding fully.

The only thing I did not agree with him on was the PAT testing of the electrical equipment. I am still awaiting on a response from customer relations regarding Premier Inn's policy on this. The kettle, hairdryer and TV were all tested in May 2010 and stickered to say testing due again in May 2011. February 2012 they still had not been done and according to Graeme they had up to 18 months to get round every room in a rolling basis. An overlap of a few months could be allowed for, an overlap of 9 months is a bit much.

I contacted Premier Inn Customer Relations as soon as I returned as this was a free night having stayed at Premier Inn so many times. They have allowed me to use my free night again which I have booked for next month.

If we had been told on arrival regarding the works I would have asked to move to another Dundee premier inn. We would have preferred to have had a decent stay rather than specifically stay at this premier inn; although it was chosen in the first instance due to the good reviews.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 19 if they are still refurbishing the place!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sharry1
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed overnight early February while attending a friends wedding. The staff were very polite and helpful and the room was clean as we expect from a premier Inn. The location was perfect for the wedding venue as well as a quick trip into Dundee itself. We did appreciate we could have a long lie after a late night which we could not have done if we had booked a standard Bed and breakfast. We did not use the restaurant facilities other than afternoon coffee with friends which in itself was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We were located a room at the rear of the hotel so did not hear any noise from the busy road nearby.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here for one night in January and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Rooms were exceptionally clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable indeed! Staff were friendly and helpful too. I did not use the restaurant at all but it was full up in the evening, which I took to be a good sign, and friends reported a very decent breakfast too. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank leemurphy1
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in January and found this to be a comfortable and affordable place. The rooms are clean and spacious with all the amenities for a short stay. Staff are friendly and approachable and have a good knowledge of the surrounding area. Would definitely recommend and will be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nomad_1991
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed 1 night on business. Room cosy and bed very comfortable. The food was good honest fare. Nice friendly staff in bar and restaurant. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Room 55 nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stormborn53
Reviewed 23 January 2012

we chose this Premier Inn because Dundee is ideally located to access the north of Scotland, and the St.Andrews area to the south (30mins away), the hotel was perfect for our needs - easy check-in, no fuss room, breakfast in the morning.
No complaints at all, although the walls are maybe a bit thin and we could hear sounds from next door.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple