The Hotel Broughty Ferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$85
Doubletree
US$85
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$111
Orbitz.com
Fisherman's Tavern Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Restaurant
US$90
US$81
Priceline
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$98
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbroughty ferrycurrybar supperindian foodfamily run hotelhigh teamixed grillleisure suitepool and saunalovely surroundingsmy mumlovely hotelst andrewsthree nightsfantastic stayvisiting dundeetea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Wow. Well parents booked for a treat for my family and new baby and I must say what a wonderful hotel. Me and my partner have managed hotels and restaurant when younger and this hotel was Fantastic. The staff are wonderful and really seemed to enjoy working there which showed in their excellent service. Could not fault. Really clean. Food amazing al a carte and Indian wow . Even got me tattie scones for breakfast when Jeffrey ( owner) found I loved them. Visited owners pub from a pub dinner with family at the anchor and that was great too. Previous comments off hotel being put down well they must off stayed someone else cause this hotel is wonderful. Missing their freshly cooked curry and homemade short bread. Only regret is that we did not stay longer . A week is not enough. Thanks Jeffrey for a brilliant stay and please thank your staff. Everyone so helpful

• Stayed: August 2013
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Hi Folks,
Many thanks for your wonderful review, also, many thanks to your wonderful parents for choosing The Hotel Broughty Ferry for your treat !! Our chefs are particularly " chuffed " with your glowing comments on their culinary offerings, however I felt it my duty to remind them that it was my good self who organised the " tatty scones " to accompany your Scottish breakfast ! When my colleagues read your comment on the staff always appearing to be happy, some of them burst out laughing, I didn't realise that they were that happy. Joking aside, your review is a great tonic to us all. Many many thanks, your kind words are really appreciated and we hope to see you and your family soon.
Jeff

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed the night at Broughty Ferry as we thought we would like to try an independent hotel, we were not disappointed, the room was lovely and modern, it had all the little extras like robes, slippers candies and biscuits, the reception staff were very welcoming and we felt at home as soon as we arrived in our room.
The room was a tad small but beautifully decorated and there was enough space for essential belongings.
The other extra was an ironing board and iron, such a treat to get one in the room and not have to go to reception for it.
Breakfast very well cooked and plentiful.
If I did have one complaint it was that the car park was too small, we ended up parking our car along the side wall and was afraid of it getting hit, but I guess without the land you cant cater for many cars.

Room Tip: if you have a car get there early for a decent space.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Daisymay 08,
Your review was a delight to read. We are so happy you decided to stay at an independent hotel, and even happier that you chose The Hotel Broughty ferry. We are a family business, and have been for almost 50 years. Like yourself, we realise that large hotel operators can throw mega money at their outlets, whereas we can throw friendliness, positive attitudes, quality, and a genuine interest in our guests. We are in this industry because we all love it. Reviews such as yours help to fuel this passion. My colleagues or almost weeping at this !! Once again, many many thanks, we all hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

just stayed for one night at the hotel on our way home after a week in aviemore met up with my son and his family who stayed there for two nights,must admit not stayed in friendlier hotel the meal we had in the restaurant was top drawer, if the owner of the hotel is reading this my grandson wants to come back and be a ball boy for dundee again so that he can come back to the hotel again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank David R

Dear David R,
Great to hear from you, we are delighted that you were happy with your stay, and of course also delighted that you enjoyed our cuisine. We would love to see you all again, especially " the chosen one " your ball boy Grandson. Bomber Brown ( Dundee FC Manager ) is looking for players, we all reckon that your grandson would probably get a game, or at least be on the bench at one of the future matches ! We all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed here last Saturday night prior to a sea fishing trip from Arbroath on Sunday. We did not eat an evening meal in the hotel as we went to see where we needed to be in Arboath next day, but judging by what we saw (even high tea available - not seen that for ages) we wished we had. Cannot find fault, lovely comfortable room, spotlessly clean, quality toiletries, bathrobe available and complimentary slippers, and tea/coffe facilities. The staff were lovely, special mention to the barman who served us, lovely guy from Spain originally we found out. Breakfast on Sunday is from 8.00am but we asked for it a little earlier if possible - no problem whatsoever and it was really good. Highly recommend this establishment Good value for money in our book. Only one small thing - parking is at a premium - we did not have a problem but I think we might have ben lucky. Unfortunately I doubt there is anything the owners can do about the space they have available, please do not this small detail put you off.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terrier10

Dear Terrier 10
Many thanks for your very positive review. Hopefully your fishing trip to the North Sea was as successful as your stay at The Hotel Broughty Ferry. If we are fortunate enough to see you again, and you are fortunate enough to catch some silver darlings, bring your fish harvest into the hotel, and our chefs will conjure up a culinery delight for your evening meal ! Once again, many thanks for your very kind words, they are very much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ended up at the Broughty Ferry as we could not find another hotel in the area. The proprietor was a very nice fellow and did everything. Unfortunately the hotel needs some TLC. We stayed in two of the most uncomfortable beds we have ever stayed in anywhere. My husband piled up pillows in order to prevent the springs from sticking in his back. My bed was like a rock. But the bathroom was nice and the breakfast was good. However, forget wifi. It only works if you sit by the bar. Forget trying to communicate from your room, it just won't work. When we asked they said they would call their main office. We doubt as if they have a main office. If the owner wasn't such a nice fellow this we get a worse review. We recommend staying in Dundee instead.

Room Tip: Try sitting on the bed first to at least attempt to have a chance to have a comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BuddyPR
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Buddy PR,
We knew some spoil sport would end the run of great reviews. From being jubilant, brightened, exhilerated, gladdened and indeed euphoric, my colleagues are all suddenly upset, discouraged, disheartened, depressed and dispirited. However every cloud has a silver lining, we had already invented a new game called " hunt the non existant generator " ( see previous reviews ) we have now invented another cash prize game for our staff, it's called "hunt the bed springs, " guess what, no one won, the reason being, springs do not exist in any of our mattresses. One of our young housekeepers did find a Mr Slinky in a toy box, but was very disappointed when told it did not count. As our building is old and thick walled, our complimentary wifi does become lazy, however I have some good & bad news, good news, we are about to install a state of the art system, the bad news, there will be a small charge. The staff were quite right to call the main office ( unlike the bed springs it does exist ) albeit, it's only the main man who works in it ( me ) that's why they call it the main office ! Delighted you liked the breakfast, bathroom and of course me. I do respect your comments re " Better staying in Dundee " I know the city hotels are very busy, however, if you encounter difficulty in booking a Dundee hotel, give me a phone and I will find one for you.