“OUTSTANDING”

The Hotel Broughty Ferry
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 9 March 2014

What a wonderful Hotel. Calm and serene the perfect place to relax and unwind. The Hotel itself is immaculate, the staff are so welcoming and attentive. I have been fortunate enough to have travelled the world and enjoyed a myriad of hotels and the service/facilities/comfort they offer. In terms of comfort, facilities, location, food, and ambience this "wee place" is right up there. From the moment my wife and friends arrived we were made to feel so welcome that it was easy to relax and enjoy ourselves. The food is excellent, breakfast is so good that, once enjoyed, you cannot wait for the next morning to arrive so that you can enjoy it again. The rooms are cosy, very clean and comfortable. I cannot speak highly enough of this Hotel, it genuinely is exceptional. We most surely will return. Finally our thanks to the owner for his particular kindness.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Alan H,
Lovely to hear from you, we are all delighted with your very kind words ! It just makes everyones day in here when they read reviews such as yours. Hope you all had a safe journey home, once again many many thanks for your terrific review. Hopefully we will see you again soon, remember if you phone, ask for Jeff ( that's me ! )
Jeff

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent a lovely Saturday night stay here last weekend with our friends . Room was very nice although bathroom was a little compact ! The evening meal was outstanding with a huge choice of freshly sourced produce . Bar area was very comfortable and the swimming pool and steam room were a wonderful surprise . We'll be back !

Room Tip: All rooms are individual .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Muriel,
Many thanks for your wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, you are a perfect resident, you slept, ate and swam in our hotel. Fantastic ! We really do value and appreciate all you comments. My colleagues and myself look forward to welcoming you back.
Jeff

Reviewed 8 February 2014

on arrival in the evening, due to a busy restaurant reception in array complete bedlam, staff flustered at a untidy reception area.
Our room a "delux double" .... you gotta be kidding me .... dirty stained carpet horrible little room dated decor and tired furniture. Bathroom 1970s/80s. Is this the best the ferry has to offer.
Please someone open up somewhere nice
The breakfast was like a greasy spoon cafe just slopped on.
Just dont book a room here lol

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Scott F
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Scott F,
Many thanks for going overboard with your review. Had you been a bit more subtle this review would have caused me grave concern. It is so obvious to all Tripadvisor readers who have read our previous reviews that your comments are absolute rubbish. I was going to request removal of this review, however I think our readers deserve a bit of a laugh now and again.

Mr J W Stewart ( Director )

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just got back from a two day trip and was very very pleasantly surprised by the quality, and service at this family run hotel.
The rooms were very clean and well serviced, but above all the food was second to none.
Although I did not try the European menu, the Asian food and authenticity was the best I have experienced since travelling to Madras.

I will definitely use this hotel again when in the area.
Thanks to all who made me feel so welcome.

Room Tip: ask for a good size bath,.... they have some really nice baths here
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Jonaheh,
Many thanks for your very fine review, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay, also extremely happy that you enjoyed our Asian Cuisine. Next time you come to our hotel, please try our European menu. We source all our ingredients locally, in fact we can even tell you the name of the farm and the local farmer who supplies all our Aberdeen & Angus beef, also, our fish, seafood and dairy produce are all from Scotland. We are very proud and passionate about our food. Sorry, I'm getting a bit carried away here !
Once again Jonaheh, many thanks for your wonderful comments, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights during a work trip in November 2013 (and I don't think I've really been home since, hence the delay in this review!)

When I arrived, it was very cold & icy outside - the hotel on the other hand, was warm and welcoming. My room was extremely spacious, yet still cosy, and I appreciated the gestures such as the biscuits (what separates a good hotel room from a great one!) and the free Wi-Fi.

Because I was working unsociable hours, I rarely encountered the staff, but when I did, I found them to be friendly and helpful.

My only regret was that I did not get the opportunity to eat at the hotel, plainly because I didn't return until later in the evening. Having had a colleague recommend trying their curry selection, I wish I had, but nevermind, I will be sure to return next time I am working in Dundee.

Thanks all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Davieb 110,
Many thanks for your wonderful comments, they are very much appreciated. What a great pity you didn't have time to try our menus, obviously a friend of yours has eaten our curries, hence his recommendation. Next time you are up here, if you don't have time for a curry, I will box one for you and you can take it home ! Once again Davie, many thanks for your review, we hope to see you soon and don't work so hard !

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We held a function at The Hotel Broughty Ferry yesterday. Communication from the owner Jeff Stewart was excellent, our requests were accommodated to perfection, the hotel is lovely, clean & warm and the catering was delicious. Staff were professional, polite & welcoming. We hope to return soon. We did not stay over so cannot comment on bedrooms but the public areas are lovely.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Scott B,
Many thanks for your terrific review. We are so pleased that you and your friends were happy with food quality, service and atmosphere. This just makes my colleagues day, we can always tell by their wide grins when a great review has hit the screen. Thank you very very much, your comments are greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Returned on the 9th of January with five others. Three people who were dining here for the first time. The guests are used to top restaurants in London and Manchester. The comments came as no surprise. " wow look at the size of the naan bread ! " , " the tiger prawns fantastic" , "what a steak, cooked to perfection " etc etc
My own meal was one of the best , how can the chef produce the tastiest madras sauce on the planet ?
On top of this we drank a fantastic Malbec red, the proprietor really knows what he is doing when it comes to stocking his cellar.
I am a regular at this prime venue but I am fussy, if it was not as good as I say I would eat elsewhere , trust my review and book a table soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
robyn16, Manager at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Duncan 1955,
What can I Say ? Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Obviously you and your friends are experienced " foodies." It's always an absolute delight to receive wonderful reviews from diners, however, diners such as yourselves who have experienced Indian food in central London & Manchester, just adds that certain touch. We have a very good reputation for indian cuisine, In fact, we had a young couple from Calcutta staying in the hotel, the young lady informed our restaurant supervisor that the chicken Madras she had just consumed, was better than her Granny used to make !! Praise indeed !! So glad you also enjoyed our choice of wines, as you quite rightly point out, the proprietor has a passion for wine, in fact he constantly tastes them all, just to make sure they are perfect. Once again Many thanks, we hope to see you soon,