“A beautiful ,imm Stay here..its a beautiful house with friendly hosts.Totally relaxing.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balmuirfield House Bed and Breakfast

Balmuirfield House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 21 Dundee B&B and Inns
Port Ellen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Balmuirfield House in January.Morag and Stuart are lovely hosts and made us feel very welcome.It was so relaxing to sit in the comfortable lounge enjoying a glass of wine by the log fire.The house is immaculate and beautifully decorated.Our bedroom was huge with a view over the garden ,river and wooded area. Next morning Stuart served up a tasty breakfast as we relaxed sipping coffee and enjoying the garden views from the dining room.A perfect place to relax .We hope to be back for another visit later this year.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

I always look at trip advisor when it comes to finding out about a new place to stay, I was amazed when I found this "Guest House" without any poor reviews, but having just returned from 2 nights at this guest house I now know why. If you are looking for poor service, poor quality, unfriendly hosts etc THIS NOT THE PLACE TO STAY, ITS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, it offers TOP class Accomodation, Top class hosts in Stuart and Morag ( not to forget the little lady keeping at a family affair ) the breakfast has everything you want and Stuart Arbroath Smokie is a MUST (I travelled 16 miles to buy some and bring them back for the family breakfast sunday weyhey!!!) everything about it is luxury, the sitting room with a beautiful log fire, the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in. Spending most of my working week in hotels this was a luxury establishment and a home from home, so glad all the hotels in the area where booked up. Couple of good restaurants a few minutes drive away and a large 24hour ASDA is 5 minutes away of you want anything. I could go on forever but I wont, I think you'll get the picture, if you are staying in this area and your not staying here YOU ARE MISSING OUT

Stuart, Morag can;t wait for my next trip to your part of the world and you can rest assured I will be staying with you, thank you very much it was simply MAGNIFICENT!!!!

Room Tip: They are all beautifully furnished and homely
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

I booked into Balmuirfield House for a couple of nights whilst working at King's Cross Hospital in August. I arrived quite late and Morag and Stuart couldn't have been more welcoming and very kindly allowed me to gate-crash their fish and chip supper.

Balmuirfield House is in a great location overlooking beautiful gardens (and usefully for me, within walking distance of King's Cross Hospital). The rooms are just lovely - beautifully decorated, bright, clean, spacious and well-equipped but apart from Morag, Stuart and Josephine, the best thing just has to be breakfast! Don't leave without trying the Arbroath Smokie - it's the best!

Thank you for a fabulous stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane F
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

This B&B is run by a wonderful couple, Morag & Stuart.

I cannot fault their service and professionalism, you can tell they have years of hospitality experience.

All rooms are wonderfully decorated, and kept to a high standard, no dust or dirt anywhere! I was there on business, but the room could of easily accommodated my partner and our children.

The location is great, close enough to the centre of Dundee, but secluded enough for you to see deer when eating breakfast (just like I did this morning).

Talking about breakfast, Stuart can cook, I had three excellent breakfasts, and nothing is too much trouble.

Price is really reasonable too, my last experience of Dundee in another B&B was dreadful, this positive stay has ensured I will be using Balmuirfield for future trips to Dundee whether for business or pleasure. Thank you Morag & Stuart...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank UK_GAT
Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

My husband and I usually book one of the bigger hotels because we can take our dogs but we decided to try something different this time and we're glad we did. From the moment we booked, we were made to feel very welcome and we were looking forward to our stay before we even got there. We were even upgraded to a bigger room (at no extra charge) because we had the dogs. On arrival, we were not disappointed. We were given a warm welcome and shown to a huge room that was beautifully decorated. It was immaculate and very comfortable. As we were doing a bit of walking, Stuart was very helpful with directions and maps. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms were in a good position. We stayed in the superior room that overlooked the garden, which...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I spent 2 wonderful nights at Balmuirfield House.
I was welcomed by Morag then shown to my room room 2.
The room is luxurious well decorated, luxury furniture, and well coordinated.
The bed is a 4 poster with quality bedding and matress which made for a good nights sleep.
The bedroom looked over the garden and it was very peaceful and relaxing.
Digital tv is provided with free wifi, tea, coffee and hot chocolate with biscuits is available in your room.
The ensuite bath room is a good size with a separate shower and bath, the shower is warm and powerful, good quality towels and complimentary toiletries are supplied.
The breakfasts are first class you have a choice of continental, or cooked, tea and coffee and fruit juice and toast.
You will not go hungry the produce used for breakfast is first class.
I also had my evening meals there, I had a 3 course and the quality of food is high with good portions and service.
There is a guest lounge where you can sit and read or just chill out in front of the log fire, after I arrived I had tea and biscuits in the lounge.
Morag and Stuart are lovely people friendly welcoming and cannot do enough for you, they welcome you into their home and treat you as part of the family rather than a paying guest.
They are good conversationalists with a good sense of humour.
Their daughter Josephine is a character and their dogs Minnie and Wallace are also friendly and welcoming.
I cannot rate this B and B highly enough it is pure luxury with reasonable room rates, when you walk through the door you are well looked after, this is my 2nd stay and there will be many more when I need a chill out.
The house is immaculate throughout.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a high quality.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank saltire_10
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was our first break away together since having our first child over 16 years ago and Balmuirfield House was the absolute perfect start to our trip. The room was stunning, decorated to the highest standard, was very clean and the bathroom ensuite was immaculate. I don't normally sleep well in hotels but I can honestly say that I slept like a log in the awesome 4 poster bed!
As vegans it is often difficult to get meals out but Stuart and Morag embraced our weirdness and provided us with the best breakfast we have ever had! With fresh fruit, soya yogurt, cereals and a cooked breakfast that was so delicious, we even asked for and brought home the recipe! Add to that the price which was fantastic for the style and luxury that we stayed in and the individual treatment that we received. What a wonderful memory, we very highly recommend Balmuirfield House as a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: They would all be excellent!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple