The Portland Arms
Travelocity
Travelodge Kilmarnock(Kilmarnock)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
Premier Inn Kilmarnock Hotel(Kilmarnock)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$111
US$88
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

My partner booked us a meal here for my birthday ...Good points and bad points ..as we were there slightly early, we went into the lounge for a drink ... We explained to the bar man that we were there for a meal and he would take our drinks through when we were ready...We then had to walk out on to main st and walk round the back of building gain access to resteraunt by luck it was a nice night and not raining ...not much good if pouring of rain and you are all dressed in your finary...Food was good excellent value ..my partner had large piece of haddock and I had lasagne followed by choc fudge cake for both of us ...a would say they could have give us a little time between courses as felt main course was no sooner down till pudding was served...lovely place to dine and staff very pleasant .

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have been to McChristies' Well numerous times with my Wife and with my family and the quality of food and service have been consistently high. That being said however I do feel the quality of the food has dipped slightly. My Father had the black pudding salad on this visit and was disappointed with it, my Aunt was POSITIVELY FURIOUS with her meal. She had ordered the cooked ham salad and was presented with a salad with PROCESSED COLD HAM! Taking into account the cost of the meal you'd expect it to be proper meat. If I am honest I had a lovely meal, I can't remember my starter but I had the Cajun Chicken for my main and the Tablet Sundae for dessert and I really enjoyed it. Overall McChristies' used to be high quality, they have dipped but it wont take much to put it right.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Party of 10 arrived to be told we could only order off special menu not main menu. After some discussion we were advised we would be allowed 1 steak from the main menu!!!!! No offer of drinks being topped up or asked if we wanted wine! Starters were brought out then very hurriedly taken away to make way for the main courses. Desserts were given but no offer of tea/coffee as stated in menu.

When I emailed to complain I recieved an extremely arrogant reply from someone within the establishment saying he stood by his staff and that we were the arrogant ones! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy! Avoid at all costs unless u want to be served by staff who roll their eyes and an extremely arrogant mr brown!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Having used this restaurant on numerous occasions, we gave it a try for a Xmas lunch - unfortunately, the cooking standards seem to have slipped, and the turkey was tough and the service slow, with only three staff covering a busy dining area. Hopefully this is just a seasonal glitch, and normal quality will resume as soon as possible.t

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Review of McChristies, The restaurant of The Portland Arms.
My wife and I have visited this restaurant many times as it is in our village. We enjoyed a lovely 3course dinner this week and it was the best meal we have had for quite some time. The restaurant itself is very well finished and a lovely place to dine. It is situated at the back of the Portland Arms.

• Stayed: October 2012