“Curry night at the Cook School”

The Cook School Scotland
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate cookery experience is only 30 minutes from Glasgow. In our cookery classes you will develop your palate and discover what you love to cook and eat. Our Head Chef Bernie and his team make cooking fun, stress free and informative. They will pass on plenty of new tips, ideas and share some tricks of the trade, while making it fun.We have a variety of 'Hands on' cooking courses as well as our relaxed and intimate Demo & Dine evenings to choose from.Not only will you get to cook with great chef's you will also get to work in our state of the art kitchen which is fully equipped with Miele appliances. Miele is a German manufacturer of high quality domestic appliances, regarded by many as the market leader. The Cook School is always a hive of activity with corporate events, private dining, children's birthday parties and classes. We pride ourselves in being a fun and informal environment creating effortless cuisine. From the minute you step through the door you will grasp our professional and friendly approach, we're here to make sure you have an experience which exceeds all of your expectations.
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very relaxed atmosphere with attentive and helpful staff. The menu was well planned and the tasting session was excellent. The meal following the demo was of equally high standard with a very nice red wine on offer.

There are newer reviews for The Cook School Scotland

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just had the most enjoyable night out. My friend and I aren't cooks but went along to their Italian night. The two chefs doing the demo were fab,and their patter was very entertaining. We had lovely nibbles to try, as the cooking got under way and the wine was flowing. The end result was a beautiful meal served in the dining room worthy of any of top restaurants, but in a nice relaxed way. The staff went out their way to help my friend who was using crutches, and she was able to use the lift to the demo. All in all a superb night, and my friend bought their cook book which is reasonably priced and is for charity.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I attended the demo and dine steak night with a friend and this was the first time I had been at the Cook School. I believe the steak night is the only demo and dine night where you do a small bit of cooking (you cook your own steak, the chefs cook everything else) so it is slightly more expensive but do not be put off by the price of any of the nights, I found this one great value for money.

The night was run by chefs Bernie and Mikey, they were informative, funny and really interesting. You can see their love for food and cooking and they offer tips and suggestions as they go along and also encourage questions.

We all met in the dining area then moved through to the demonstration kitchen where we all sat around the chefs' work station. They talked through how to cook chicken wings and ribs and we got plates of these to eat (5 chicken wings and 4 HUGE ribs). They also demonstrated 3 different kinds of sauces, some vegetable accompaniments, the steak itself and dessert. We then moved to the work stations to cook our own steak following their instructions while Bernie and Mikey went round with some of the accompaniments to put on our plates. Once the steaks were cooked we all moved through to the dining room to eat. Dessert was served afterwards.

The food was fabulous!! Really good quality fillet steak which would cost you £25-30 in a restaurant (without accompaniments in some!), two starters, choice of sauces, 3 veg accompaniments and dessert. You also get around 4 drinks (red/white/rose wine, beer, orange juice or water. You can also buy more drinks once those included in the price are done, some people bought bottles of wine.) and you keep your apron and are given a copy of the recipes for the dishes demonstrated. All for £55.

You could go to these nights on your own, as a couple or as a group and it is really sociable, everyone eats together so even if you are on your own you won't feel awkward. The evening started at 6pm and I think we left around 9.15pm.

It's a good idea for a 'different' kind of night out and I will definitely be back!

p.s. their cook book is also great!

1  Thank Elljay01
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I plus friends have been several times to various 'Demo and Dine' evenings.
All have been excellent and we return home having been stuffed full of great food made in front of us. We are lucky in that we are only a short walk away but it is definitely worth a taxi ride to enjoy the lovely wines that are served with the food. Do not be put off buy the price of £45 or so per person for the evening. It is really good value as you have fresh food, nice wine and a good night out for the price. You also get a print-out of the recipes you have eaten to try at home.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I did cooking/dining experience with my mother and brother just after Christmas. We enjoyed a glass of Champagne on arrival, met varied range of people from different areas as we waited for chefs, it was informal and a good way to start the weekend. Chefs made us all very comfortable before going into watch their demonstration.

We were taking into the demonstration room where we enjoyed a glass of wine as the Chefs prepared the food, giving excellent tips and information during this time and all recipes were given at the end of the presentation.

Meal was excellent and we had opportunity to view their extensive range of goods in their shop.

I would recommend this relaxing and informative night however I would recommend you leave your car at home or arange a lift in order to enjoy the hospitality. Unfortunately this is the only down side to the venue lack of public transport.