“A draw-droppingly brilliant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Etruria Townhouse B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilmarnock
Etruria Townhouse B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Kilmarnock B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A draw-droppingly brilliant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

A draw-droppingly brilliant stay, for several reasons: my hosts were friendly and helpful but respected my privacy; they made a fantastic recommendation for dinner; the accommodation was brilliant - gorgeous room, comfy bed and excellent en suite bathroom; they provided the tastiest breakfast I've had in living memory; the house is breathtaking and I left feeling inspired, with several interior decoration ideas!

Beyond all this, Liz and Alan are fantastic hosts. For example I'm a runner; Liz suggested a lovely running route timed perfectly to the slot I had available for my morning sprint; I mentioned how work-frazzled I was, looking forward to a soak in the tub on my return from a busy day - and returned to find that Liz had lit all the candles in the bathroom, so it was ready for the ultimate relaxation session; the Wifi is extremely powerful and speedy; the gardens are lovely; they were flexible with my arrival time and helped me with parking; I forgot my toothbrush and got in touch to post it back to me...It's actually surprising how many examples of hospitality they managed to pack in to my one night's stay!

I'll definitely return to Liz and Alan's lovely home - thank you for a wonderful, restful experience. I hope to return and have already recommended Etruria Townhouse far and wide

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Lorraine S. We want to thank you for a wonderful review. You were a most refreshing guest. Having a run early in the morning and keeping yourself fit actually had a very positive effect on me especially. No I am not running but taking some time after feeding our guests to have the fruit at least. Keep Well and thanks once again. Liz and Alan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent 3 wonderful days and nights at Liz and Alan's lovely home. By the time we left we felt like family! This was a Genealogy visit with my 3 adult children. Burn's Monument Center, a genealogy information place, is nearby. While I was there my children went golfing. The rooms are so comfortable. I wish we could have stayed longer. Lovely cotton sheets and duvets--all hand ironed. A beautiful old fashioned room with a modern bath. In the evening we visited with Liz and Alan and had our scotch. They should write a book on how to run a B&B! Breakfast is outstanding! A different one each day. Liz makes perfect poached eggs. Carol, Laura, Mark and Rick--Florida, Massachusetts, Arizona and California.

Room Tip: There is no pool. I couldn't erase my mistake. All rooms are lovely and very comfortable.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear mzhoney2014. Thank you so much but we feel we were like family. Getting involved with your family history at Burns Monument in Kilmarnock and then the beautiful Fenwick Church was a wonderful experience. Alan still talks about that visit. We enjoyed the time we had in getting to know you and your children (real grown ups). We hope that you keep well and enjoy the hot weather back home. Thank you once again for the wonderful review. Alan and Liz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have stayed for two nights and were made to feel very at home. Liz and Alan couldn't do more to help. All our needs were catered for. The decanters of drinks left for us, shows the standard of service we have been tested to. The welcoming hall and decor gave us a warm and interesting stay. We would very much recommend you try out this outstanding hospitality experience. Be prepared to be amazed.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Glade 1, We want to thank you for the kindest words. We would be delighted when next in Kilmarnock that you come back. Perhaps a few more days as a well deserved break, the vintage port awaits.
Tyrone, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Alan and Liz are the perfect couple to operate a B&B. They catered to your needs and nothing was a bother to them. The B&B is beautiful and the rooms very comfortable, the decor was beautiful with all the extras in the room to make you feel right at home. The breakfast was wonderfully prepared with fresh fruit and dishes prepared for each guest. The location was excellent for a walk into town for dinner and shopping. Thank you for making our honeymoon special with flowers and the champagne.

Room Tip: We viewed all the rooms on the website, and they are just as amazing when you get there.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello Honeymooners 53 To think that guests would like to share their honeymoon at our guest house was a truly wonderful experience Alan and I hope that you have a healthy and happy life and should you wish to share any other anniversary in Scotland you will be so welcome and the champagne will be on the chill. Thank you for sharing your special occasion with us. Alan and Liz
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you're looking for a B&B in the Kilmarnock area then look no further. This is a beautiful B&B with a very warm and homely feeling. it's well located for the town centre but still quiet and peaceful. Our bedroom had everything we needed with lots more besides. Liz and Alan were very welcoming and treated us like friends rather than paying guests. A superb breakfast topped off our stay. We couldn't have asked for more. Debbie & Jim, Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear DebR7573, We want to thank you so much for your kind words and great review. We get great pleasure in looking after our guests and so when it is appreciated it means everything to us. Remember if you are ever back in the area to look us up. Alan and Liz
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We recently spent three wonderful nights at Etruria. I was traveling with my Mom and two brothers and we were warmly welcomed by both Liz and Alan. We are from the US and were visiting the area to learn about our families Scottish roots. Liz and Alan are a delight and very easy to talk to. They went out of their way to teach us about the area and Scottish history. Each room is tastefully decorated with crisp ironed bed linens, Scottish sweets and a tray of whiskey and port. Liz is a phenomenal cook and treated us each morning to a full Scottish breakfast that will keep you full all day! The Kilmarnock train station is a short walk from their house so it is easy to spend the day in Glascow. There are also several golf courses nearby. All in all, our stay at Etruria was a highlight of our 12 day trip!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Hi Laura L. Only 3 nights - We felt is was our friends visiting. It was a delight to meet you all and loved hearing from your mom about the family connections to this area. Unforgettable family. We loved and had great pleasure in having you stay. Thank you so much Laura. From Liz and Alan
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed with Liz and Alan whilst visiting Kilmarnock for a wedding,from Perth Western Australia. This accommodation was absolutely divine. The room was immaculate, the premises and lounge were amazing and they only thing that was better than the building, was the hospitality of Liz and Alan.
Staying at this B and B was more like staying with long, lost relatives. There was nothing these people wouldn't do to assist and I can not speak highly enough of their extra effort they went to in making me feel welcome.
The Breakfast was fit for a King as was everything at this house. It was a true pleasure to stay there and one of the highlights of my trip to Scotland.
I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the region as it is one of the nicest accommodations I have stayed.
Thanks to Liz and Alan for your hospitality.
Trent

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EtruriaTownhouse, Owner at Etruria Townhouse B&B, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear TrentRead, Wow! What can I say - Thank you so much for your review You were a joy have stay with us. I only wish we could have had the chance to meet your family but hope someday that will happen. We wish you every success for the future. Keep running. Liz and Alan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmarnock
The Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 18 in Ayr

Been to Etruria Townhouse B&B? Share your experiences!