“Highly Reccomend the Restaurant!”
Review of Foxbar Hotel

Foxbar Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kilmarnock
CumnockEastAyrshireScotland
“Highly Reccomend the Restaurant!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had our first carvery dinner on Sunday (for Father's day), I went along with my daughter, husband and father in law.
To say the food was plenty was an understatement, all you could eat for a fiver and boy was it very tasty. The staff were very friendly and attendful and nothing was too much trouble for them. My husband and father in law had the 3 courses where as my daughter and myself had only two courses, the mains and the pudding, (what a fab selection of puddings), complete with drinks, I was amazed at the bill when I got it, I will definite be making reservations for future visits, I just want to thank all of the staff for their lovely welcome and to wish the new owners the very best of luck for their future,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We are four ladies in kilmarnock who love to dine out, we tried the foxbar today and it was a treat, great service,great food,and a cheeky chef with good banter we will be back. We were quite surprised that it hasnt been advertised locally or we would have been there sooner. Well done to the new owners what a transformation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Senga M
Kilmarnock
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Visited a couple of Sundays ago for evening meal . Due to new owner we thought we would give the food a try . We were the only food customers for a while and service was fine . My seafood gratin was good and everybody else enjoyed their mains after an initial hic-up . Desserts were good as well .
Nothing was outstanding but due to the recent change I will give it another try . It is now a Carvery on a Sunday and a great deal so may visit this week and update !!

Stayed May 2014
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Always out and about looking for a good bite to eat after a hard weeks work! And through word of mouth heard there has been a new chef at the foxbar!! So decided to take the plunge!! To sum up foodwas fantastic ! A must try! Well done! A good change!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Craig8597
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived on a quiet sunny and warm Sunday afternoon. No other cars in the car park adjacent to the front of the hotel bar. Bit concerning when I found the reception locked, but this was only because the staff were busy & security conscious.
Very friendly and quickly booked in.
Bedroom was surprisingly large , big kingsize bed and heating had been switched on for me prior to my arrival. Room clean. There was no bath, just a shower but that suits me fine.
Had evening mesl in the bistro. Staff again were very pleasant, particularly Jill the barmaid who didn't fuss but was attentive. I had home made lentil soup (delicious) and a tasty chicken curry with the best hand cut chips I have tasted for years. Just like my auntie's!! Couldn't find room for a sweet. Must go back!
Feeling that if I lived in Kilmarnock, this would be my local.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Richard L
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The reviews I had read worried me slightly, but It was close to where I wanted to be, so I thought I would give it a go.

SURPRISE!!!!

The check in was very quick and easy with a friendly receptionist. (The reception is open 24 hours) Up to my room, and again SURPRISE, a nice large double room, en-suite, newly decorated, new carpet, modern bathroom, with extremely large shower, tea and coffee making facilities. Everything about my room was new, including the telephone.

On, my first morning, down for breakfast, a very friendly waitress to serve me, cereal, juice, coffee, toast and my full Scottish breakfast was there in a flash. No waiting. No complaints.

The whole of the hotel that I saw had been refurbished to a excellent standard.

The bar and bistro was all newly refurbed and clean, maybe the bar was just a bit too modern, it had a cafe feel to it, but having said that it was called a bistro and not a bar.

Old reviews mention loud music, the bar of old must have gone, I'm basically above the bar, and I cannot hear anything, maybe because they DON'T have music.

Kilmarnock, is a bit cold at the moment, but inside, my room is nice and warm.

I don't think people should take note of old reviews, as in my eyes, this is a value for money hotel, and personally I would stay here again.

Of course there has to be one gripe, the wifi, it's certainly is poor, and I was told my room was, the best room to get a siginal, glad I brought my dongle. Phone signal is is a full 5 on o2.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank DaveHTAFC
Turnberry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked a night as a bit of stress relief for myself and my partner. The fact the room had no window only added to the cosiness. We chose to eat in the hotel and the food was fresh, well presented, great sized portions and tasty too (not often you find all that in the one meal!). Staff were friendly and polite and happy to help with any request we had. Breakfast took a wee while to be served but was definitely worth the wait. Great food, great value for money and will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Caity_x
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilmarnock
Travelodge Kilmarnock
#5 of 6 in Troon
The Fairburn Hotel
The Fairburn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mauchline

Been to Foxbar Hotel? Share your experiences!