All reviews party venue public areas reception desk nice room prestwick airport budget hotel comfy bed plenty of parking guest house colin ensuite folk
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Hotel is tired looking. Reception a bit shabby. Room was dated and needed a make over. Furniture old and tired.Chairs saggy, needing replaced. En-suite dated.Bathroom fitments loose and rusty. Tiled floor needed a good clean and tiles needed re- grouted.Waited an age for hot water to come through both in sink and shower. Overall very poor.

Room Tip: Do’nt use this hotel.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2018

after attending my grandmothers funeral in the morning we arrived at the hotel to find that the management had canceled the tea and not let my parents know and contacted the wrong undertakers, the female receptionist was extremely rude to my parents. my family and myself will never set foot in this hotel ever again. rotten customer service,rude receptionist very insensitive, disgraceful behaviour

Room Tip: Dreadful customer care very rude receptionist avoid this hotel go elswhere
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexander L R
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived and were told we had a twin room had booked a double ?? Then was told you have room 17 ooh nice room it has a window !!!
I burst out laughing and said oh god that bodes well
My partner looked at rooms and agreed with room 1 but when we got there shower didn’t work so we were given a key for a room across the corridor where the shower kept powering up and down
The bar was great the atmosphere great
Most of the staff were lovely
I was a little disturbed by the breakfasts minus an egg all lined up under the hot plate thing
It tasted like it had been cooked the night before
This place could be wonderful if they get the maintenance and chef sorted
Beautiful buildings lovely staff

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived and check in was quick. Room was clean, dry, warm and comfortable. A tad hot but turned the heating down and opened the windows, problem solved. No wardrobe just hooks on the wall and 2 plastic coathangers. I didn't feel well so had a shower and went to bed, deciding not to have any dinner. There was a wedding on so I had thump thump thump music until midnight vibrating through the room. Earplugs deadened the noise somewhat but I could still feel the vibrations when lying in bed.

Up the next morning feeling reasonably OK went for breakfast. Found a table with a single setting so used that. "what can I get you?" enquired the man who came out to serve. No menu so asked what there was. "Just the full English", he told me. As I have reduced appetite I asked for sausage, bacon and black pudding. The sausage had a HUGE lump of gristle, I was nearly sick there and then. Calmed myself down and went to the car show (I was competing!!) and had a magical day.

Back to the hotel. Decided I should eat something so went for dinner. "Sorry we've no chef in tonight. We can phone something in for you," I was informed. Sacked it as I didn't want an overpriced takeaway I wouldn't be able to finish as my appetite is reduced. At home a takeaway lasts me 4 meals. Decided to have a shower - it was cold. Even on the highest setting it was cool. After playing with cars all day I wanted a shower so braced myself and had a cool one which wasn't very pleasant. I didn't need a hairdryer as I keep my head shaved, and got out shivering. I had crisps and biscuits left over from my picnic lunch at the show so that was dinner. Not exactly healthy but I was in no mood to get into the car and drive round looking for somewhere to eat as I was extremely tired.

No function on that night so got a peaceful nights sleep. Up in the morning - hottest I could get the water was tepid. Breakfast was the same scenario and wondered why the man taking the orders didn't write it down. Up to the room, I was going to have a 10min lie down and I was so hacked off I just wanted to go. No-one on reception so dumped the key and left. No intention of returning until they smarten up their act.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Sorry for the title but the foxbar is a great workmens hotel cheap plentiful food good bar and decent rooms. All I expect from hotels when I work away is hot water a decent bed and food. The foxbar does the job,and The staff and manager are really helpful and pleasant. Decent location and the breakfasts are really good.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business