“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

NONNA'S KITCHEN. We have eaten here three times in the last four weeks and on each occasion have been absolutely delighted with the experiences. Each time the food has been beautifully cooked and presented with a waitress service that could not be faulted. It is great to see Kirkintilloch, not exactly a foodie destination, having an establishment of this calibre. On one lovely Saturday lunchtime what a pleasure it was to see people just sitting out on the terrace enjoying some bread, olives, good olive oil and fries along with a nicely chilled bottle and a well cooled beer. Alfresco dining at its best - lovely place, great staff and good food - long may it continue to prosper.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I finally got round to visiting this restaurant. My friend and I went for a late lunch mid-week. They set menu boys and little on interesting if I am honest but I was able to choose something I thought I would like.

Their food was reasonable and was also fairly priced. However I was left with the distinct impression that something was lacking.

What is it the atmosphere? Or lack of it? I'm not sure but it certainly wasn't and outstanding experience nor was it the most memorable meal I have had recently.

I really wanted to love this place and I commend their effort but there is something not quite right.

5  Thank Traveller206
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Popped in with the family as part of a group booking of 18 and found the restaurant to be very nice, clean and comfortable. The food very good and the set menu offers particularly good value - I had the sirloin which was cooked to perfection and the pasta dishes ordered by other in our party were freshly prepared and flavoursome. Good selection of drinks available too and generally the menu is reasonably priced. We had an issue with service was there was only one girl attending to our group and she perfomed valiantly (indeed the waiting staff are very polite and courteous) and service was improved with more staff helping out after the issue was mentioned to management. Facilities are clean and there is parking available locally too. The restaurant is child friendly and has a childrens menu which was varied and also offered good value. We will certainly return next time we are through in that part of the country next.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Nonna's on the spur of the moment tonight ( Monday) we were shown to the table nearest the door to the terrace. This is the farthest away table and lacks atmosphere so we asked to move closer to the centre. "No" these tables are for people who have booked. ( we visited once before and were seated at that table even though we had booked, so that is not a plausible excuse.) A really terrible attitude. So we left and went across to Marianas where we have had excellent food, great service and no issues. Sorry "No" nnas- never again. I'm really unhappy and you get one star as I cannot leave a rating of zero

5  Thank DavidElizabeth1
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Kirkintilloch has for a long time needed an alternative restaurant to the (very good) Indian restaurants established here and the wait was well worth it. Nonna's Kitchen is not only perfectly situated on Cowgate / Forth & Clyde Canal, it has the perfect balance of menu and non-city centre prices, not to mention the decor to be expected of a quality establishment. The staff are excellent, friendly and good with kids. Family friendly and a great place for lunch / dinner any day of the week.

1  Thank JDF71