“Authentic food”

Cuisines: Italian
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Authentic food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

First introduced to this restaurant by Groupon and was very impressed by the quality of the food, particularly the mussels. Returned on a Sunday night and were the only 2 people eating in the restaurant. I presume it was the owner/manager who served us. He was very nice and apologised that the restaurant was so quiet. We received full attention and were not disappointed with the food. Maybe we'll try the lunch time menu next time!

“Needs new staff”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I went here with a group of friends, there was 3 other tables in and they were only a table of 2 and 4 but when we sat down the waitress took a good 15 mins to come to table and she did look embarrsed when she said there wasn't enough menus and had to wait for the other tables finishing reading it so she gave us a christmas menu as it just had the 'same stuff'. Took a while to get our drinks which came back with the wrong order they seemed to be stressed. The owner took our order and got it all wrong but I accepted the dish because I didn't want to be a pain and I was hungry but the owners wife who was sitten drinking wine with family got up and helped him a little bit offered us free drinks when our bill came the soft drinks she said were on the house were on the bill. We left as soon as we could wouldn't go back

• Visited May 2013
Bishopbriggs, Scotland, United Kingdom
“new favourite”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Paid a second visit here on a hot Friday night. Loved it as much as the first time, out new favourite "local" restaurant. Only faults I could find this time was the service was a bit slow, but were in no rush, and when the waitress was asked what Genovese sauce was made with, she said saffron. Didn't think this was right, so asked the owner who confirmed what I thought, that is was a pesto based sauce, made with basil and pine nuts. The pre theatre is excellent value for money. Nothing on the main courses for veggie's like myself, who can therefore chose any pasta, pizza or risotto from the a la carte. They also allowed my husband to change the sauce on his mussels with no hassle at all. Love this place!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We are regular visitors to Fortino whether it is for a quick lunch or a nice relaxing dinner. The food is always fresh and delicious and the waiting staff are just lovely and the menu is very reasonably priced. Definitely recommend a visit!!!

“Stumbled on a Gem!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

First time in the area, table for 2-
Food was absolutely spot on!!-
I had onion soup which was a delight & my partner had bruschetta which was delicious and ample!!-
For the main we both had steak which was cooked to perfection-
I ordered pepper sauce but didn't touch it as the steak was top notch on its own-
Too full for deserts!!-
I will certainly be back and recommend to all!!-