“We loved it!”

Dragonfly Cocktail Bar
Ranked #26 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I have received my friend's suggestion and read some review, so me and my girlfriend went here and we both really enjoyed it. I have tried El Diablo and Up the Apples and Pears and I loved both. My girlfriend tried Patna Daiquiri and Raspberry Ripple which was just a little bit too strong for her.
Price for these nice, quite unusual cocktails is really good. We will visit this Bar next time we will be in Edinburgh. Place itself is nice, and we had a very nice time :) Thanks!

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is a bar definitely worth finding if you are in the old town, or around the town centre. It is a great looking bar with an understated coolness about it. The staff are friendly but the real reason to go there are the great cocktails. We went there twice and prob had about ten different cocktails between us and all were top class. The temptation was to have the same one again but try new ones and you will not be disappointed. Definitely will head back next time.

Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went two nights in a row. We tried a range of cocktails and they were really unusual and inventive, and really tasty! The mixologists clearly know what they're doing. The place has a cool vibe as well, laidback music and sophisticated decor. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I followed my friends' suggestion and visited the Dragonfly last week and I didn't regret it! Far from it actually! It's a great little place, with nice music and a relaxing atmosphere, perfect to enjoy your cocktails. It's off the beaten track and at first the street it's on looks kind of dodgy, don't know if I would go in if it hadn't been recommended. I had the Marty McFly, which was pretty nice, I'd recommend it, and all of my friends were more than satisfied with their drinks. The place is suitable for couples and small groups of friends, in general it tends to have a nice crowd and I would recommend it to those who'd like to listen to some nice music and enjoy particular tastes.

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Dropped in here recently whilst out for dinner. Great, quirky cocktail menu. I had 2 cocktails, one of which was a Raspberry Ripple. It was delicious! Tastes just like Angel Delight - but boozy, and the rim of the glass was beautifully decorated, dipped in hundreds n thousands. The next one I tried was called Marty McFly and was a bit I an acquired taste - although I did finish it! Think it consisted of Jack Daniels, Absinthe and lemonade, can't quite remember, but it was VERY strong!! The actual bar area itself if beautifully decorated with quirky wallpaper on the walls. Quite glam, but funky at the same time. Will def be returning to sample some more of the cocktails!!