“Great spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Great spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stopped here for cocktails on a recommendation. It was busy but fortunately had an open table for four. It's got a second floor which is open with balcony looking down on the entry and bar. The bar was huge and the biggest attraction is their house cocktail menu which offers a massive amount of options to try their mixed drinks --all unique. Once ordered there was a little turn around time for them but it was well worth it. All four of us loved our drinks and went back for a second round. The only downside was a music which was too loud, but overall it was a great spot to go after a day out.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank margaritasinmexi

• Greek first
Bordon, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Cocktails In Edinburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Not much really to be said, the quality of the cocktails do all the talking. Possible some of the best cocktails I have had not only in Edinburgh but the UK. If you like G 'n' T then I would certainly recommend the 'Curiosity killed the cucumber', extremely tasty and refreshing.

Visited March 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“An absolute must if you like a good cocktail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

2nd time in Edinburgh, 4th time in Dragonfly. This is an absolute gem of a place. Lovely ambience, good music but not too loud and a nice mix of people.

The cocktails are fantastic, not your run of the mill mojitos and cosmopolitans but inventive, well thought out cocktails. Raspberry Beret (the cocktail formerly known as Prince) is delightful! The hubby had a Guinness Daiquiri that I thought sounded dreadful but was in fact lovely. I've never drank brandy in my life but liked the sound of Hennessy in Paris so gave it a whirl-mmmmm! Needless to say I had to try another just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke! We probably tried the majority over 2 nights.

Whoever owns that bar may want to add us to his Christmas card list as we do not sit in there and sip them, we sup them! The majority of our dibbers was spent in there but well worth every penny. Drinks range from approx £3.80 for a spirit and mixer to £8 for a champagne cocktail. Most of the cocktails are about £6.50 so again, in my opinion that's very reasonable as I think you would pay more in a wine bar.

The service is fabulous, they will serve you at your table etc. my hubby fancied a Bloody Mary (not on the menu) so I asked if they could make him one? The fella asked him how spicy he wanted it and away he went. 5 minutes later this drink appeared that didn't have a drop of tomato juice in it but tasted incredible! I think he said he used citrus vodka, horseradish gin, loads of cucumber and different spices.

I know we spent a canny penny in there but the drinks, atmosphere and service are tremendous. See you soon Dragonfly!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank joannet3
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Located in the nice area, nice and funky place. I would say that cocktails and other drinks and quite pricy for the size of them, but they are tasty enough. Better when it's busier as you don't have the feeling that the bar staff is watching what you're doing.

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice cocktails great for any occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is such a sweet cocktail bar. Loads of drinks on the menu. Great place to go for any kind of drinks. Some people are quite dressed up whilst others are pretty casual which is nice. If I lived several hundred miles closer I'd go back. Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013